Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Help needed!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help needed! [message #62853] Wed, 27 February 2013 11:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bundse  is currently offline Bundse
Go to all my models
Hi,
I need assistance to finalize a charm for a neckless.

My design has been refused due to too thin walls (Sterling Silver).

Anybody capable to assist me?

File available in .jpeg and .ai (2D)

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jann

Re: Help needed! [message #62857 is a reply to message #62853 ] Wed, 27 February 2013 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I can fix it up for you. Just make the model downloadable or post it as a attachment here or send me a personal message and then I can give you my email and you can email it to me.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Help needed! [message #62859 is a reply to message #62857 ] Wed, 27 February 2013 12:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Oh, and if you'd rather fix it yourself you can view the design rules for sterling silver here. If doing glossy those walls need to be 0.8 mm thick. You can go back to your AI drawing and decrease the radii of the inner curves and that should do it without detracting too much from your original design intent.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Help needed! [message #62864 is a reply to message #62857 ] Wed, 27 February 2013 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thx for feedback & input...

Would be gr8 if you can assist me.

I was actually looking for someone who could be able to soften the edges a bit, in order to have a more rounded design. Do you think this is possible?

Best,
Jann

Re: Help needed! [message #62884 is a reply to message #62864 ] Wed, 27 February 2013 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Jann,

Sorry, I went to sleep shortly after replying earlier. Smile

Sure! That's easy to do. What 3D CAD software are you using? If you tell me I can give instructions on how to do it. Or, if you can get the file to me I'll round off those edges for you.

Re: Help needed! [message #62907 is a reply to message #62864 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 02:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Send me the model as an .obj or .stl and I can correct the wall thickness issue you are having. I can also round off the edges as much as you want.

PM Sent... Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 02:46 UTC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Help needed! [message #62933 is a reply to message #62907 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 11:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

File is only available as .ai (illustrator) or the Shapeways file.

Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Best,
Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #62935 is a reply to message #62933 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 11:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sal is probably sleeping, but I'M AWAKE! hehe Very Happy

Yeah, the Shapeways file would work. All you need to do is click on your avatar picture in the upper right, then from the drop down list click my models, then click the edit edit model button, thennnnn scroll all the way down to the bottom and select the check box that says Allow downloads and then scroll up to the top and click the exit edit mode button. Having done these steps a button will appear after a few minutes that will let me download it.

Once I have it I can fix it up for ya and send it back! Smile

Re: Help needed! [message #62939 is a reply to message #62935 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 12:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
On it in a few min.

Thx for yr. reply
Re: Help needed! [message #62942 is a reply to message #62935 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 12:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Done - should be available...

Otherwise, let me know.

Thx.
Re: Help needed! [message #62943 is a reply to message #62935 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 13:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I can send you the original file plus the revised file (but only in .ai format)
File sizes are > than requirement on Shapeways, but maybe you can send me an email address?

Re: Help needed! [message #62944 is a reply to message #62943 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 13:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
contact@patternsforcnc.com

You can try sending it to me there. However, I'm getting sleepy again. Razz So, I won't be able to do much for next 5 or 6 hours. Smile

Re: Help needed! [message #62945 is a reply to message #62944 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 13:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

Do not know where you are located, but I will slip you an email asap.

Still have no pressure for deadline - In good time for this one!!! Laughing

Get your rest - and I will make sure you have the files before you awake...

Cheers,
Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #62948 is a reply to message #62945 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I think there may be something wrong with the Shapeways download buttons, but that's ok, just send it to my email or whatever.

I'm in Nevada USA.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Sleeping_cat_in_black_and_white.jpg/781px-Sleeping_cat_in_black_and_white.jpg

night night Smile

Re: Help needed! [message #62971 is a reply to message #62933 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
What, who, where? Im awake... LOL... If you haven't already gotten this fixed, I have some time right now, just attach the file to this post or I will send you my email as a private message for you to send it. If you can, send it in both file formats and I will make sure its printable in Silver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Help needed! [message #62972 is a reply to message #62948 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thx,

Nice picture!

//Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #62973 is a reply to message #62971 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

Have tried to upload the files but they are to excessive for this forum. Can you send me your email?

//Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #62975 is a reply to message #62973 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I sent you my email as a private message. just scroll all the way up on your screen and click on where it says "private messaging"

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 17:26 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Help needed! [message #62991 is a reply to message #62975 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 22:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I just woke up! Surprised

I don't see anything in my inbox so that means the file was too big to send by email, huh? That's ok, there are other ways to send big files to each other online. Or were you able to get something to Sal? Sal, are you working on it? If not try a free file sharing service like Sendthisfile or Dropbox. I just used Dropbox the other day to send a 48 megabyte file to a company here in my home town. Dropbox gives you software that you install and then it creates a directory on your hard drive and anything you put in that directory, up to 2 gigabytes, you can then share with anyone you give the link to. It's pretty cool! I haven't used Sendthisfile, but from the sounds of their instructions it seems like it would be the easier one to use. There are LOTS more free file sharing methods available, so if you don't like the ones I mention then look around and find one you like. If you're going to be doing 3D art stuff like we're doing then you'll want to find a good file sharing service to use cuz you're going to run into this problem from time to time when it comes to transferring files.

The reason I think the Shapeways download button might not be working is this. The Shapeways employee Wiwa wasn't able to get the download button to show up so it might be broken right now.

We'll get your butterfly design fixed up for ya! Surprised

By the way, nice asymmetrical design, YOU HAVE LOTS OF TALENT! I can tell just by this one design. Smile

Re: Help needed! [message #63007 is a reply to message #62991 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 07:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
A really dumb question, perhaps, but why is the file to be sent so big? Perhaps the outline of the design could be isolated and sent (Inkscape if all else fails but probably easier in the native software).

As you know, once the outline is available, to mod/push/bevel/subsurf would be quite easy.
Re: Help needed! [message #63012 is a reply to message #62991 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 09:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

Thx for yr. reply.

Actually I have received a couple of suggestions from Sal that I need to look through. It seems you guys know each other.

I hope to clear some small issues.

But again thx for your assistance and for the compliment.

We have various prototypes to be produced once in a while, so it could be great for us to have a couple of 3D capable guys to work together with.

And for future project we can use Dropbox, or I will just need to learn to "scale down" the file sizes... Laughing

Best,
Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #63013 is a reply to message #63012 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 10:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sounds great Jann! Surprised

Re: Help needed! [message #63015 is a reply to message #63013 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 10:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Working mainly in the printing industry with a coverage of all Europe (offset, PVC, PP/BOPP, CCards etc.) but also as design consultant for several projects.

But I'll send you an email for a dropbox showing some of our stuff and some of the development projects we have been working on and currently are working on.

//Jann
Re: Help needed! [message #63016 is a reply to message #63015 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 10:46 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sure, sounds like fun! You can send me email messages any time. Smile

Previous Topic:Need small bust (statue) for Musopen.org
Next Topic:I need a drawing of a coin

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.