Home »  » It arrived! » JEEVI 1:19 Victorian Railways narrow gauge NU and NM design: first pictures
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
JEEVI 1:19 Victorian Railways narrow gauge NU and NM design: first pictures [message #62448] Wed, 20 February 2013 12:19 UTC
avatar gembrook  is currently offline gembrook
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=27671&private=0Attached are some pictures of printed and assembled JEEVI G scale (1:19) designs for Victorian Railways narrow gauge NU ventilated van and NM cattle wagon.

The bodies are attached to the JEEVI VR (PBR) narrow gauge underframe. I have used Cambrian Models Fox bogies (widened for 45mm gauge) with 25mm diameter Sierra Valley wheel sets, RC boys 1/4" x 1/8 " x 7/64" ball bearings and Accucraft AP 11-738 automatic couplers. The coupler mounts required some styrene packing. I used 0.5mm styrene sheet for the NU floor and 6mm x 3mm and 6mm x 2.5mm styrene strip for the NM floor. I have painted the bodies but detailing including running boards, handrails, air lines and lettering remain to be completed.

As I only had Fox bogies painted black at assembly time I used these, but intend to change out the bogies later for some red oxide coloured ones.

Overall the Shapeways prints provide a nice representation of these quaint VR narrow gauge wagons.
index.php?t=getfile&id=27672&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=27671&private=0

Previous Topic:New colors and a Star of David :)
Next Topic:Sterling Silver Dragon Skull Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.