Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Florida - Remember Columbia
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from Florida - Remember Columbia [message #62216] Sun, 17 February 2013 02:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar rharker  is currently offline rharker
Go to all my models
It's been 10 years since the tragedy Feb -1 -2003.

I've been working on a 3D model in inventor & 3D Studio Max Design. Uploaded the STL export from IV2013 ~10M. I got a failure notice but no reason.

Hmmm

Robert Harker
Re: Hello from Florida - Remember Columbia [message #62217 is a reply to message #62216 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 03:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
What do you mean by ~10M
Ten megabytes (okay), or 10 million triangles (not okay)???

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Hello from Florida - Remember Columbia [message #62234 is a reply to message #62216 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 11:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Standard answer for stl files : get netfabb studio basic (free) and see for yourself - are all parts of the surface oriented correctly
(surface normals pointing outward), is the model "watertight", is it below the 1 million triangle limit, will its size be within the limits
of the printers ?
Re: Hello from Florida - Remember Columbia [message #62258 is a reply to message #62234 ] Sun, 17 February 2013 22:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rharker  is currently offline rharker
Go to all my models
Thanks
Downloaded the programs and repaired another exported version of the same file from 3ds max ~1Mb and now I got my model accepted.

Appreciate the quick help fellas. Very Happy

Robert Harker

Previous Topic:Hi guys!!
Next Topic:Greetings from a 3D printer junkie based in China

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.