Home » Support » 3D Applications » Pricing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pricing [message #62151] Fri, 15 February 2013 22:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar dajola82  is currently offline dajola82
Go to all my models
Hi
After experiencing buying some stuff from Shapeways from other designers I wanted to practice designing something myself and experience having something made. I designed a simple Dice Cup (for bar dice) on 123D and sent it to be printed and the pricing indicated was really high ($200-ish). I realize I need to go back to my design and thin out some walls and remove material but my question is, "What determines price?" is it basically the volume of material?

Thanks,

Dajola82

Re: Pricing [message #62158 is a reply to message #62151 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 01:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
The Shapeways price is almost completely determined by volume. There is a small startup charge per model, but then the rest of the price is totally dependent upon the amount of material that your model uses.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Pricing [message #62172 is a reply to message #62158 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 08:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 16 February 2013 01:07

The Shapeways price is almost completely determined by volume. There is a small startup charge per model, but then the rest of the price is totally dependent upon the amount of material that your model uses.

Only exception is ceramic material which is charged by surface area. And the startup charge varies by material - watch out for silver!

Previous Topic:upside down model in shapeway
Next Topic:Center of gravity?