Home » Community » General Discussion » Uploading work in shapeways
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Uploading work in shapeways [message #62021] Thu, 14 February 2013 12:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar shariff  is currently offline shariff
Go to my shop
hey guys i've tried uploading a model into shapeways but, keep getting a message telling me my work hasn't passed automated checks instantly.
what am i doing wrong i know i've worked on my model sticking to tha right criterias no prob there is it cos i uploaded in obj (zipped) or stl(zipped) but then these are allowed. what is it? I'v been told of netfab but, don't know what on Earth todo with that someone please give some specific help.
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62022 is a reply to message #62021 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 12:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Can you mail the file to bart@shapeways.com? I'll take a look at it.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62030 is a reply to message #62021 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 12:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What does the error message say?

Paul

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62031 is a reply to message #62022 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 12:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here's what it says and it's happened each time.

"Hi ,

Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic.

The 3D model Tree Stump Plant Pot you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing.

Our tutorials and FAQ can be super helpful for more detailed information, or you can always ask the community a specific question on our forum

If you're stuck or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out at service@shapeways.com. Please include the file attached to the email, as well as any notes on your design, so we can help you solve your problem as quickly as possible.
Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
Ralph, Maartje, Kevin, Christel, Joost, Michon, Mitchell and Gary
service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
Made in the future*
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62033 is a reply to message #62031 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 12:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I'm guessing the trangle count is too high.

Load the model into NetFabb, down on the bottom right, next to dimensions, the triangle count will be displayed.
Shapeways maximum is 1,000,000 (1 million ), as a binary STL the file size will be under 48MB

Paul

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62034 is a reply to message #62033 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi shariff,

I inspected the file and it's fine - just be sure to select 'meters' as the unit size when uploading. The error mail should contain more helpful information, I'll pass it along to our team.

Thanks!

Bart

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62036 is a reply to message #62033 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
u see thats another prob this model is way lower than that
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62037 is a reply to message #62036 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What is the expected size?

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62039 is a reply to message #62034 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Thu, 14 February 2013 13:04

Hi shariff,

I inspected the file and it's fine - just be sure to select 'meters' as the unit size when uploading. The error mail should contain more helpful information, I'll pass it along to our team.

Thanks!

Bart

oh i see i've been selecting mm

thank u so much u've been really helpful i'll check it now,
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62040 is a reply to message #62039 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
it's worked nicely but on the 3d generated view u guys made the model is showing polys why is this I was intending a smooth surface.
please let me know what i would do about this thanks.
Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62041 is a reply to message #62040 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Our printers will print the 'pure' geometry - they can't apply any smoothing. If you need less faceting, you should increase the resolution of your model before exporting.

Bart

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62042 is a reply to message #62041 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 13:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
ok but will it manually be smoothed by sanding later, just want to know it's confusing sorry.

probably a stupid question but i'll ask. Will I be charged for the production of my model just want to be clear.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 February 2013 14:13 UTC]

Re: Uploading work in shapeways [message #62093 is a reply to message #62042 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 05:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
In the "polished" materials you get some tumbling, but I'm pretty sure there's no hand sanding.

Except by you!

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com

Previous Topic:Product Flexibility
Next Topic:New "Discover" category: "Not For Sale"

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.