Home » Community » Work in progress » Uploading issues
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Uploading issues [message #61804] Mon, 11 February 2013 17:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar Elyne  is currently offline Elyne
Go to all my models
Hi. So I have this model of a doll I made in blender and I'm having issues uploading the .stl files to the site. Any suggestions? I've attached one component of the doll, the left hand, one unit is one meter. Thanks!

• Attachment: LeftHand.stl
    (Size: 54.79MB, Downloaded 14 time(s))

Anything's possible.
Re: Uploading issues [message #61828 is a reply to message #61804 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 23:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar victorrings  is currently offline victorrings
Go to my shop
upload the blender file and ill take a look.

my website is online at
http://victorrings.weebly.com/
RINGS GALORE!
Re: Uploading issues [message #61847 is a reply to message #61804 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Your file is over one million polygons. Shapeways only excepts files under one million polygons. Try decimating to 999k and re-upload.

Other than that I see no issues with the file. Nice job making a nice even shell of it! Does Blender have make hollow command or did you do that manually?

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Uploading issues [message #61848 is a reply to message #61804 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The triangle count is higher than Shapeways upload limit of 1 million triangles. The hand has 1.1 million.

Paul

Previous Topic:Custom Toyota Emblem for a gtfour
Next Topic:Parts of model disappeared

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.