Home »  » Post Production Techniques » shoe heel
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
shoe heel [message #5801] Wed, 12 August 2009 08:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar Laloop2000  is currently offline Laloop2000
Go to all my models
Dear All,

I want to get a shoe heel made to my design, although it is a prototype I want it to be strong enough to wear. I can add a sole on it the rough measurements are 25cm x 10 cm x 15cm. I want to work on it slightly with my dremmel when I have finished. Possibly paint it, ( spray) which material would you recommend.

Thanks
Re: shoe heel [message #5803 is a reply to message #5801 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 12:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
White Strong and Flexible would be my vote for you. I make add on parts for RC vehicles and one of my "Test" pieces is on my RC off road truck. Let me tell you, that is some TOUGH STUFF!

I have rolled my RC Truck several dozen times on Asphalt (45mph!) and although the material gets pretty scuffed and scratched being grinded against Dirt, Rocks, and Asphalt, it holds up to some brutal beating.

I would point out though the WSF is very porous and prone to staining. Even casual handling will darken the surface after a while. So don't walk through the mud!

Another Forum post has some groovy info on coloring WSF as well located here:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=939&am p;am p;start=0&S=58b261457862d219e15e164aad2dca39

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 12:02 UTC]

Re: shoe heel [message #5874 is a reply to message #5803 ] Fri, 14 August 2009 18:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Laloop2000  is currently offline Laloop2000
Go to all my models
Thanks. I am glad it is tuff stuff!

Can you spray it?
Re: shoe heel [message #5883 is a reply to message #5874 ] Sat, 15 August 2009 01:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Spray it with what? Paint? If so, yes.
Re: shoe heel [message #6167 is a reply to message #5801 ] Sun, 30 August 2009 06:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Art4med  is currently offline Art4med
Go to all my models
One thought on shoe heels-- even the toughest shoe heel I have disassembled has a steel tube for safety's sake. You might consider that in the 3D model, so as to avoid drilling....
Would be unfortunate if you were to fall from an artistic oversight!
Re: shoe heel [message #6175 is a reply to message #6167 ] Sun, 30 August 2009 18:01 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I haven't wore heals since... >thinks< well, I'm 42 now, so not for 42 years that I am sure of.
Very Happy

Previous Topic:Which Adhesives Work?
Next Topic:Dyeing WSF?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.