Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » G-scale playtime
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
G-scale playtime [message #61495] Wed, 06 February 2013 21:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jean-Philippe Blain  is currently offline Jean-Philippe Blain
Go to all my models
New prints in polished WSF arrived today from Shapeways, and made me come back from work earlier. Wink
Both I and my 8 years old boy were very excited.

Pieces all look very nice ! For the smaller ones I have been using a 1mm thick small loop.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26779&private=0

Two of the pieces were due to fix some older G-scale switches, with too large gaps, that made locomotives go of the rails.
I made a mess on this one. I guess I was out by a few degrees when I measured angles on the switch.
But the material is flexible, so gluing it should work.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26780&private=0

All the rest is about allowing my son using Lego bricks together with the G-scale track in his room.
This includes some couplers to be used with others cars. The advanced coupler version has a hook, but I am not sure how it will resist over time as I fear the spring part is a bit too fragile.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26781&private=0

I also got axle boxes for metal wheels - this will need some post-processing work to lower friction, as I designed the piece a bit too tight.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26782&private=0

That's it for now ! Let's play !

index.php?t=getfile&id=26783&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 07 February 2013 05:13 UTC]

Re: G-scale playtime [message #61511 is a reply to message #61495 ] Thu, 07 February 2013 09:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
This is so great!

Using 3D printed parts so your son can use his Lego together with the G scale trains!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: G-scale playtime [message #61898 is a reply to message #61511 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 17:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Excellent use of 3D printing with other objects.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:''Pulse'' Modern Cross
Next Topic:Silver Valentine's Forget-MeNot Flower Heart