Home » Community » It arrived! » G-scale playtime
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
G-scale playtime [message #61495] Wed, 06 February 2013 21:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jean-PhilippeBlain  is currently offline Jean-PhilippeBlain
Go to all my models
New prints in polished WSF arrived today from Shapeways, and made me come back from work earlier. Wink
Both I and my 8 years old boy were very excited.

Pieces all look very nice ! For the smaller ones I have been using a 1mm thick small loop.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26779&private=0

Two of the pieces were due to fix some older G-scale switches, with too large gaps, that made locomotives go of the rails.
I made a mess on this one. I guess I was out by a few degrees when I measured angles on the switch.
But the material is flexible, so gluing it should work.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26780&private=0

All the rest is about allowing my son using Lego bricks together with the G-scale track in his room.
This includes some couplers to be used with others cars. The advanced coupler version has a hook, but I am not sure how it will resist over time as I fear the spring part is a bit too fragile.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26781&private=0

I also got axle boxes for metal wheels - this will need some post-processing work to lower friction, as I designed the piece a bit too tight.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26782&private=0

That's it for now ! Let's play !

index.php?t=getfile&id=26783&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 07 February 2013 05:13 UTC]

Re: G-scale playtime [message #61511 is a reply to message #61495 ] Thu, 07 February 2013 09:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
This is so great!

Using 3D printed parts so your son can use his Lego together with the G scale trains!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: G-scale playtime [message #61898 is a reply to message #61511 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 17:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Excellent use of 3D printing with other objects.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:''Pulse'' Modern Cross
Next Topic:Silver Valentine's Forget-MeNot Flower Heart

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.