Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #60569] Wed, 23 January 2013 13:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar NickHawkins  is currently offline NickHawkins
Go to my shop
I'm trying to load an image into my profile and clicking the edit button does nothing.
I have successfully loaded both a shop avatar and a shop banner using a button which appears the same.
Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.7

Help please.
Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #60719 is a reply to message #60569 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar erinautomatic  is currently offline erinautomatic
Go to my shop
Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear you're having problems! I'm looking into it now.

Can you tell me, when you click the "edit" button to upload an avatar image, do you get the file browser prompt, and then after selecting a file nothing happens (e.g. you never see the selected file appear as your avatar), or does clicking the "edit" button not invoke the system file browser at all?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2013 20:18 UTC]

Interaction Designer @ Shapeways
Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #60726 is a reply to message #60719 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
When I move the mouse pointer to the edit button it is highlighted but when I click nothing happens.
Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #60876 is a reply to message #60726 ] Sun, 27 January 2013 02:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the clarification, Nick. I will look into the problem ASAP!

Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #61171 is a reply to message #60876 ] Fri, 01 February 2013 12:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just tried this again as there seems to have been a software update, still doesn't work.
Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #61258 is a reply to message #61171 ] Sun, 03 February 2013 02:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Nick,

This didn't make it into this past weeks release but hopefully it will be fixed this week. It seems to be an issue only with older versions of Safari. You could try updating your avatar in Chrome or Firefox until we're able to get this fixed. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

I will respond here with any developments.

Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #62056 is a reply to message #61258 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 15:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@NickHawkins I can also update the profile image for you in the mean time. Just mail your username and the image to bart@shapeways.com and I'll handle it.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Can Not add Profile Image using Safari on Mac [message #62060 is a reply to message #62056 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 15:59 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for reminding me Bart, I'd downloaded Firefox and then forgotten to try and upload an image.

All sorted now.

Nick H.

Previous Topic:Sales Reports Database
Next Topic:PM improvement

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.