Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Kayen: real-time ingame character to 3d printed statue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Kayen: real-time ingame character to 3d printed statue [message #61091] Thu, 31 January 2013 01:31 UTC
avatar Tank3D  is currently offline Tank3D
Go to my shop
Hello everybody.

I've been lurking and occasionally posting on these forums for a while. I made several prints, mostly jewelry as that's pretty easy come up with and doenst need any texturing or rigging.

But now I have made a character for my university as part of an assignment and I would like to pose and print him. I could do the easy thing and just print him in FCS as is, but that would be really boring. so I'm going to be posing him in a nice pose that fits him.

As this is going to be my first venture into FCS printing, I was wondering about a few things. As you can see in the screenshot, this character has some shaders on him. I have some ideas on how to fake those and get more detail in the print, using displacement maps.
I was just hoping to get some advice about some of the pittfalls I could run into with printing a model like this.
If anyone has any advice, please let me know Smile

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fbZ0C8umHqk/UQBQ4uYxNkI/AAAAAAAAAKY/XMxOoouO4wE/s1600/wip_25.jpg

Previous Topic:Blue Whale Jumping out of the Ocean in FULL COLOR - Feature This
Next Topic:Alumide Ashtray ?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.