Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Kayen: real-time ingame character to 3d printed statue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Kayen: real-time ingame character to 3d printed statue [message #61091] Thu, 31 January 2013 01:31 UTC
avatar Tank3D  is currently offline Tank3D
Go to my shop
Hello everybody.

I've been lurking and occasionally posting on these forums for a while. I made several prints, mostly jewelry as that's pretty easy come up with and doenst need any texturing or rigging.

But now I have made a character for my university as part of an assignment and I would like to pose and print him. I could do the easy thing and just print him in FCS as is, but that would be really boring. so I'm going to be posing him in a nice pose that fits him.

As this is going to be my first venture into FCS printing, I was wondering about a few things. As you can see in the screenshot, this character has some shaders on him. I have some ideas on how to fake those and get more detail in the print, using displacement maps.
I was just hoping to get some advice about some of the pittfalls I could run into with printing a model like this.
If anyone has any advice, please let me know Smile

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fbZ0C8umHqk/UQBQ4uYxNkI/AAAAAAAAAKY/XMxOoouO4wE/s1600/wip_25.jpg

Previous Topic:Blue Whale Jumping out of the Ocean in FULL COLOR - Feature This
Next Topic:Alumide Ashtray ?