Home » Community » General Discussion » Major Scaling Issue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Major Scaling Issue [message #60801] Fri, 25 January 2013 21:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mechanical  is currently offline Mechanical
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

I'm having some serious problems sending .stl files to Shapeways using 3DSMAX.

I just sent a 100mm/4 inch in diameter cylinder as a test - everything went fine. Then from the same actual drawing i created a 25mm/1 inch in diameter cylinder and attempted to send that, i received an email saying it was too BIG for the printers?

I have all settings in Millimeters in 3DSMAX and also upon request at the uploading stage at Shapeways.
Has anyone got any suggestions or had similar issues?

Thanks in advance,
Paul.
Re: Major Scaling Issue [message #60804 is a reply to message #60801 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 21:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Did you just scale the bigger cylinder down to 1/4 original size? You might not have applied scale or however your program deals with it. You can always download netfabb, or Meshlad to check the dimensions SW's software is seeing it, or attach the smaller stl and let us snoop.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Major Scaling Issue [message #60805 is a reply to message #60804 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 22:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mechanical  is currently offline Mechanical
Go to my shop
I deleted the original cylinder and re-drew a new cylinder at 1/4 scale.
Ive just downloaded netfabb and looked at some of the models using that program, they all seem to be fine? Hopefully i'll be able to sort it from Netfabb,
If not, i'll be back with more brain picking Smile.

Thanks a million for your input Keith, its much appreciated.
Paul

[Updated on: Fri, 25 January 2013 22:06 UTC]

Previous Topic:Weekend Hangout
Next Topic:FUD Roughness!