Home » Community » General Discussion » frosted glass?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
frosted glass? [message #60418] Sat, 19 January 2013 08:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar fraochdha  is currently offline fraochdha
Go to my shop
am I imagining it or did Shapeways offer frosted glass at one time, but not any longer?
Re: frosted glass? [message #60420 is a reply to message #60418 ] Sat, 19 January 2013 12:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Glass was discontinued December 6th.
Re: frosted glass? [message #60423 is a reply to message #60420 ] Sat, 19 January 2013 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fraochdha  is currently offline fraochdha
Go to my shop
that's a Bummer, Are there any other companies that offer Glass as a material? I checked I-materialize but they dont. I'm not sure if there are many others.

anyone have any leads?

thanks!
Re: frosted glass? [message #60488 is a reply to message #60418 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 02:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The manufacturer stopped making it. Hopefully they'll replace it with a new cool material soon.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: frosted glass? [message #60541 is a reply to message #60423 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 21:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It may be worthwhile keeping an eye on HP, a techinal report from last year shows they're maybe in the running for a 3D glass printer or you could build your own.

Paul
Re: frosted glass? [message #60722 is a reply to message #60418 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar wiwa  is currently offline wiwa
Go to my shop
I work here
You could always print a pattern in FUD or WSF, and then make a mold in refractory clay, or vulcanized silicone and then pour molten glass into the mold. Those parts would come out way better than Shapeways' old glass.

wiwa

Previous Topic:where are the creators?:O
Next Topic:Fast turnaround

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.