Home » Community » It arrived! » Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #6071] Wed, 26 August 2009 21:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar GameToys  is currently offline GameToys
Go to my shop
Last week I sent in a 3D model of a gargoyle I made years ago. Today it arrived in the mail, at the office. I opened it with all my team members watching, great shared experience!

Here's a picture of my first Shapeways figure:

index.php?t=getfile&id=1195&private=0

I'm thoroughly impressed by the quality, and am amazed the wings came out so well. It feels a bit fragile, and the balance is a bit off (it falls backward), but that's simply the model itself.

As I work at a game company (I'm one of the founders), all of us at the office were immediately inspired to fire up our modeling software and make new cool stuff to send in!

Thanks, Shapeways team, this might become my new hobby! Smile

Dylan

Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #6317 is a reply to message #6071 ] Sun, 06 September 2009 11:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Galbot  is currently offline Galbot
Go to my shop
This is fantastic. You should be proud, it must be great to have something like this become a reality.
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #6322 is a reply to message #6071 ] Sun, 06 September 2009 12:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks! I look forward to getting more models printed!
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16154 is a reply to message #6071 ] Mon, 16 August 2010 05:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chaitanyak  is currently offline chaitanyak
Go to my shop
like the wing proportions! do more ! do more! Razz
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16165 is a reply to message #6071 ] Mon, 16 August 2010 12:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
That looks absolutely awesome. It's a real buzz to get your designs as a physical model, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to seeing more! Smile

Andy
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16216 is a reply to message #16165 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 01:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice,

So are we about to see bespoke, 3D printed games?

Duann Scott

Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16628 is a reply to message #6071 ] Tue, 24 August 2010 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! I'd love to make more, definitely. We're working on a new game featuring a lot of cool characters that would be perfect for 3D printing.
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16653 is a reply to message #16628 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 14:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Excellent work!

I would almost expect it could glide! Smile

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #16670 is a reply to message #16653 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gumball  is currently offline gumball
Go to my shop
Have you considered a version with a loop on the back so it could be easily hung? That would be AWESOME!
Re: Hooray! My gargoyle figure arrived today! [message #17143 is a reply to message #6071 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 15:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
Looks to be a 54mm figure without the wings I'd guess? How many polys is it? Looks like a low poly count but it adds to the style. I am currently sculpting some test figures up to have done. Can't wait. Shapeways is like being a gnomish tinkerer/inventor with a magical machine to produce your digital thoughts!

Previous Topic:Received my first 3D Print RealBot Robot
Next Topic:My dice collection GROWS!!!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.