Home » Community » General Discussion » ShipWright on BoingBoing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #35907] Wed, 05 October 2011 07:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
O Boy...

Some of you may have seen my ShapeWright webgl based project..

index.php?t=getfile&id=11270&private=0

Part of it is a space ship generator called the "shipwright". It lets you generate a space ship based on your name, which then gets uploaded to shapeways through the API.

Just now it got a mention on boingboing.net, which usually means heaps of traffic... I hope my server survives... and I hope it does't slow down shapeways' systems too much!

Re: ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #35910 is a reply to message #35907 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 08:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
lol... that explains all the new ring and ship models in the gallery.

Well Done!

Re: ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #35913 is a reply to message #35907 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 09:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
congrats..

I did notice a heap of ships invade the servers...

Duann Scott,
Re: ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #36033 is a reply to message #35913 ] Thu, 06 October 2011 12:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
very impressive

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #60436 is a reply to message #35907 ] Sun, 20 January 2013 01:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dylpeel  is currently offline dylpeel
Go to all my models
Hey I was just playing with ShipWright with my friend and we exported the file to output through shapeways. The model is huge and therefore so is the price. Should we just scale it down to make through shapeways? And get the price something a little less than $4000. We were just curious to play with materials.

Thanks for any help in advance, Chris and Dylan.
Re: ShipWright on BoingBoing [message #60652 is a reply to message #60436 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 10:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hi

Just make sure you have the units set as mm in the shapeways upload form.

Or... scale the model to some other unit size in a 3d package before uploading

Previous Topic:WSF thinner than 0.7mm ?
Next Topic:where are the creators?:O

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.