Home » Community » General Discussion » Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router [message #60521] Tue, 22 January 2013 18:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar vivalaevolucion  is currently offline vivalaevolucion
Go to my shop
Hi,
Does anyone know if Shapeways has any plans in the future to offer ability for people to create items out of wood or particle board? For instance, possibly using something like a CNC wood router to cut big pieces of wood into desired shape. So, instead of 3d Printing, it would be more like 3d cutting of inexpensive piece of wood/particle board. I am thinking about this for manufacturer of furniture.
Re: Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router [message #60527 is a reply to message #60521 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 19:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NormL  is currently offline NormL
Go to my shop
I have a CNC and I am thinking that the conversion to tool paths would make this too expensive for their business model. That would be cool though.
Re: Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router [message #60534 is a reply to message #60521 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 20:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1800-3D-Printing-Rein vigorating-Wood-Sculpture.html

Re: Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router [message #60571 is a reply to message #60521 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I wouldn't mind being able to print in wood! http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1654-3d-printing-goes -rustic-with-wood.html

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shapeways and 3D Woodworking or CNC Wood Router [message #60577 is a reply to message #60571 ] Wed, 23 January 2013 15:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar NormL  is currently offline NormL
Go to my shop
That is cool!

Previous Topic:Cant we upload CAD/CATIA models here?
Next Topic:Cease and Desist, Copyrights - What do you want to know? (updated!)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.