Home »  » Work in progress » Sapphire Ring
Search Search  
 () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sapphire Ring [message #59504] Wed, 02 January 2013 19:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Whats the difference between shapeways and most jewelry shops? At most jewelry shops you choose a cookie cutter ring and then pick a stone that best fits the ring. With shapeways, I can purchase the stone first and then design a ring around the stone.

I just wanna share some pictures of a ring im making. Its still a work in progress, Lost more detail to come.

Its a blue 6ct cushion sapphire. Square cut with rounded corners. In my opinion, its one of the best types of cuts out there.

My mothers favorite color is blue and favorite number is 3, so im making her a ring with a large blue sapphire on top and 3 smaller round diamond cut sapphires on each side.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25047&private=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59505 is a reply to message #59504 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 19:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
This is the ring. Still very much a work in progress.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25049&private=0

• Attachment: Ring.JPG
    (Size: 107.03KB, Downloaded 1344 time(s))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59510 is a reply to message #59504 ] Wed, 02 January 2013 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Very cool looking Sal. She will be ecstatic.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59528 is a reply to message #59505 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 03:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
That is gorgeous, but from a technical aspect of stone setting I can see one of two things happening. First all the details of those prongs may be lost during the setting process just from cutting a seat and then pushing the prongs into place. Second Being able to keep the details but not having a properly secured stone. What you may consider is building as much of the seat for the stone before hand so you have as little manipulation as possible to set it securely.

I hope this helps. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59536 is a reply to message #59528 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 07:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hey, VERY GOOD. Ive left that part out because im actualy working on that right now. You know, thats the kind of advice I need. This is my first time setting a stone. What I was thinking of doing for seating the stone was on each prong, make it so they have a V-Groove down the center and bubbled out like a little belly with a v-groove down the middle but unexpectedly, the corners of the gem where it would be seated is flat. So thats where im at right now. Oh, and as far as the detail being lost, I will make it so the the opening will be enough for me to seat the gem down bend the prongs down onto the corners of the gem and avoid having to drill a notch on the inside of the prongs. You know what I just thought of, build a cushion gem with this same cut style then cut the gem from the ring leaving a gem size opening. What you think?

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59539 is a reply to message #59536 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 09:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Overall good ideas. If you are going to build a 3d model of your gemstone, then you have to take into account a few things. Large colored gems tend to have thick girdles, and usually they have thicker pavilions. They are also likely to be cut by hand so the facets are likely to not be exact or ideal unless you paid extra for a higher cut value. This is a good web page for general gemstone information..

http://www.asia-gems.com/gemology/basics.php

Now all that being said, you have a cushion cut that only has one sharp edge that could be broken, the culet or very bottom. So make sure you have 2-4mm clearance between that and the ring or if left open the hand. Next since you have rounded ends all you need to really have is a snug and secure way to grasp the stone. the prong should be "vertical" where the girdle is, and have a comfortable "seat" where the Pavilion will rest on the prongs. Then the top of the prong just needs to be bent over the top of the stone to give a snug fit. Thankfully Sterling Silver is considered softer than say 14k gold. BUT the thicker you make things the more difficult bending the top of the prong down will be. Here is a second link that shows some of the anatomy of gemstone settings.

http://www.brilliance.com/setting-types-guide

I hope this helps!

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59577 is a reply to message #59539 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 21:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I gotta check out that site. I know thinner bends well for the side stones but one aspect I was going to research before printing was the top prongs. Whats the thickest that can still be safely bent. Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean about the cushion having one sharp edge or being broken. The first thing I checked was that this sapphire was symmetrical. It don't have any broken edges. I'll take a picture of it upside down so you know what I mean. Yeah, you said it perfectly.
"a snug and secure way to grasp the stone. the prong should be "vertical" where the girdle is, and have a comfortable "seat" where the Pavilion will rest on the prongs. Then the top of the prong just needs to be bent over the top of the stone to give a snug fit."
I thinks thats the best way to do it and still keep the detail without having anything cut.

Like most of my designs, I love detail. The first image was just the basic shape of the ring, but I intend to add detail and make it look organic. Here is the progress of the ring so far. I plan on making some the fleshy looking rings on the band to look like they are reaching out towards the side sapphires and use those as the prongs. I haven't added those yet. I plan on fusing the leaf detail and fleshy detail to make it look like its part of each other.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25098&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59627 is a reply to message #59504 ] Fri, 04 January 2013 20:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
What a great design! And the technical details of setting the stone makes it challenging too. You might find this tutorial on stone setting from the Blender forums useful (even if you're not using Blender):

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/01/04/tutorial-designing-j ewelry-for-3d-printing-with-blender/

Keep us posted! I'd love to see the finished product

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59650 is a reply to message #59627 ] Sat, 05 January 2013 03:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Natalia, I definitely gotta check it out. I need as much help as possible. Its my first time setting stones.

Ray716, I see what you mean about the corners. I guess my cushion sapphire is really a cushion modified sapphire. Kinda looks like an ascher cut on the bottom.

Below is todays progress on the detail, I dunno, I might change it though. Too much of the same or maybe ive been staring at it way too long. The sapphire is now sitting on the prongs. Each prong has a belly with a v-groove going down the center so the gem can wedge itself in the grooves.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25141&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59657 is a reply to message #59650 ] Sat, 05 January 2013 09:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Carl, Ohh Myyy! Wow the detail you have on this ring is amazing! I'm glad I was able to help a bit with your design, I cant wait to see it finished! Very Happy

Ohh and Natalia, thanks for that link!!! I will add it to my list Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59820 is a reply to message #59627 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 07:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very useful link Natalia. I might just set the side stones as pave. I have a question for you Natalia or maybe the Shapeways staff. Will they be able to pour silver during casting with all this detail talking up space or should I leave some blank space on the bottom? I didnt do a whole lot on the bottom just in case I need to change it.

Im almost done. All I need now is add my logo and finish the 4 prongs, Those are still unfinished.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25257&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59839 is a reply to message #59820 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 17:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Amazing work! I havn't yet tried doing models as complex as you have for this. Simply amazing!

Now I do see one drainage hole to lessen the weight, but are you planning similar holes for the rest of the stones? Or is that hole because the model is hallow?

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59860 is a reply to message #59839 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, It looks like only one stone on each side had a hole below it, but all stones have holes below them. Check it out. Heres the ring cut in half. Its gonna be solid. I will prolly work on finishing up the prongs later tonight. Just gotta check measurements on the detail to make sure its within the design rules.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25304&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59862 is a reply to message #59860 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 22:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Awesome!! I can't wait to see it finished! Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59904 is a reply to message #59504 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 14:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
Very cool, it looks like an H.R. Giger design.

What software do you design in?

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2013 14:23 UTC]

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59916 is a reply to message #59904 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 17:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I want to move on to setting stones and this will be my first go at it but I've already purchased some gems for my next projects. If you think this 6ct sapphire is big you aint seen nuthing yet. Its not a sapphire, but still semi-precious gem. Two gems actually, one is an 18ct Purple Amethyst and the other is a 28ct Purple Amethyst. All natural and both a re round diamond cut. Im just gonna have fun with these, maybe make a cocktail ring for a lady.

roofoo - Yeah, Ive been getting compared to H.R. Giger a lot. I never heard of him until recently but the guy is good. Real good. My design style comes from a tattoo style called Bio-Organic also called Biomechanical and of course the best tattoo artist in my opinion Guy Aitchison. This guy is amazing. Im still learning tho, but I learn something new with each design. By the way, I use Zbrush 4r4 and Rhino 3D.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2013 17:15 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59922 is a reply to message #59916 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 18:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cool, I never got the hang of Zbrush but my friend is awesome with it. Yeah Giger is the guy that designed the xenomorph from the Alien series, his artwork is bizarre yet awesome!

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59945 is a reply to message #59504 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Q: Will they be able to pour silver during casting with all this detail talking up space or should I leave some blank space on the bottom? I didnt do a whole lot on the bottom just in case I need to change it.

Good question! The silver printing is a two part process, first we 3D print in wax, then cast into silver using the traditional lost wax casting method.
Great wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost-wax_casting

Since this involves "spruing" the models, which is essentially attaching a branch of wax that becomes the funnel for molten silver to pour through, it IS a good idea to have one spot (usually the bottom) that is free from detail so the sprue can be attached there (and then removed, without removing your detail).

It *is* possible to attach a sprue to the inside of a ring, but this is more complex, and more often results in a bad cast.

It's great that you are thinking ahead to the process when you are designing, so yes, do leave a small area of no detail on the bottom of the ring.

Another benefit of doing this is since this part is inside your hand, it will be more comfortable to wear.

Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59955 is a reply to message #59945 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 01:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Natalia. Ive always wondered that but never asked. It makes the design process easier now that I know. On this design, Ive already made changes to the bottom and giving plenty of space for the sprues. It even turned out better then before...

Im really looking forward to this ring. I already have 2 more gems for the next rings. These are HUGE, an 18ct amethyst and a 28ct amethyst both natural earth mined, slightly different coloring and both are round diamond cut. Im thinking cocktail rings.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25367&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #59998 is a reply to message #59945 ] Thu, 10 January 2013 23:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That was a great link. i'm definitely going with bead pave setting for the 6 side stones. Im really diggin this ring, too bad its a womans ring... LOL...

Heres a sneak peek on what imma design my next ring around.. This 18ct beauty... Its about the same size around as a dime.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25423&private=0

• Attachment: 18ct.jpg
    (Size: 12.30KB, Downloaded 1109 time(s))

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60169 is a reply to message #59998 ] Mon, 14 January 2013 04:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar miaka618  is currently offline miaka618
Go to my shop
*drools*

Oh I'm sorry, I'll clean that right up. That's flippin' gorgeous! I wish I was your mother! Razz
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60212 is a reply to message #60169 ] Mon, 14 January 2013 20:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks miaka618, I try to make my family anything they want, mostly my mom. Ill be working on a cuff for her very soon. Here is the final ring design. Im done making changes. The side stones were changed to bead pave setting and for the main stone, I decided to insert a notch to show where I want the stone aligned. Gonna cut it the old fashioned way. Crossing my finger because its my first attempt at it, but theres only one way to learn thats why i'm jumping in.

I have several more ideas I want to design with stones:
8ct black diamond
18ct Purple Amethyst
28ct Purple Amethyst

Not sure which one to go with next.

index.php?t=getfile&id=25588&private=0

• Attachment: Document.JPG
    (Size: 96.21KB, Downloaded 1042 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2013 20:12 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60213 is a reply to message #60212 ] Mon, 14 January 2013 20:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Where do you buy your stones?

Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60268 is a reply to message #60213 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I used to think stones were stones but in doing lots of research I found out that when shopping for stones you have to get them from a trusted source. Lost of dealers may sell lab created/synthetic as natural mined or may also sell heated gems as unheated gems and most of the time the difference is not obviously noticeable by just looking at it. Id prefer heated gems over synthetic gems any day because your at least getting the real gem, its just heated to remove any imperfections and sometimes to bring out brighter colors but I try to get the real unheated gem whenever possible. Lucky for me I know a jeweler that Ive trusted since high school and she gets hers from L.A. I also know and trust a jeweler in Australia, he offered me his gem source but I had already found a more local source by then. So yeah, I get mine from L.A., just as long as I take her with me so I know ill get a good deal. LOL... Im gonna check out an auction too, who know I might find something there. Auctions are always fun.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2013 10:29 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60428 is a reply to message #60268 ] Sat, 19 January 2013 19:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
Very, very nice. I can't wait to see how it looks printed, polished, and with the stones set!
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60768 is a reply to message #60428 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 14:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, a little nervous tho. A test print in FUD will arrive today. Since its my first go at setting stones, imma set it on this test model first.and make sure the main stone is squared too. I understand since its not silver the beads that hold the side stones cant be warped to hold the side stones in place, but I can practice cutting into them and everything else. Silver ring is next.

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #60811 is a reply to message #60768 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 23:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cant wait to see the pictures! Very Happy

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #61192 is a reply to message #59504 ] Fri, 01 February 2013 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Whats up everyone. Just posting some images of the final changes I made to the sapphire ring before printing it in silver. Im looking forward to seeing how this one comes out because I have a 9ct deep purple amethyst round diamond cut but this one is different then the other diamond cuts. The crown is more domed and has facets in all directions. Beautiful amethyst gem. Ill post pictures of it after I get this one done. If anyone sees something I havent already, please feel free to post your opinion. I just need to exaggerate detail in some areas to compensate for the light polishing I will do.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26468&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #61752 is a reply to message #59539 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ray716, your right about the prongs needing to be vertical. Im just going over everything before final print. Im pretty much ready but one question though. You mentioned cutting a seat out or as much as I can so there will not be much manipulation afterwards. Do you mean cutting a 1/4 circle in each prongs inside all the way down to the seat of the sapphire and have it print out already like that? Going over those links you sent me.

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #61755 is a reply to message #61752 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yea, you can cut the seat in the model, or afterwords by hand. Ideally the seat is the shape that the stone would sit in.

Here are a few videos that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9rURLaFMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE78pKFgdHQ

http://www.ganoksin.com/benchtube/video/25/The-Stone-Setters -portrait

I hope those help!

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #62114 is a reply to message #59504 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Oooh exciting... I like the progress of this ring, thanks for your pictorial updates!

Re: Sapphire Ring [message #62164 is a reply to message #62114 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 03:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No problem. My mother loves the ring design already but only people like us really appreciate the design process. Its the best part in my opinion. Silver print is being made right now. Crossing my fingers I dont mess it up. LOL... Only one way to find out. Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 16 February 2013 03:37 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #62572 is a reply to message #62114 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 05:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Peeking out my window, hoping I see the UPS truck.... any day now... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Here are some renders with the final changes. Been meaning to post these a while back. Just want to thank everyone for your honest opinions and help.

Made some changes on the 4 prongs for the main stone. Don't want it getting snagged on anything...

index.php?t=getfile&id=27812&private=0

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #62573 is a reply to message #62572 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 06:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Great job Sal!

[EDIT] Sal! How I ever got to thinking you were Glenn I have no idea! I'm getting old I guess. Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2013 07:13 UTC]

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #63612 is a reply to message #62573 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 22:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
I wonder how you fit the "Sapphire stones" in it , cause with that sockets mmm.... man you need to use some nasty tools!!!! Hope you did not crack the stones!

Very Happy

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #63646 is a reply to message #63612 ] Sat, 09 March 2013 05:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It should arrive this Tuesday. The way it is, none of the stones will fit. I will need to use a cutting tool made specifically for this to make room for the gems, then nudge the silver on the crown/above the girdle of the gems so it will be held in place. Here are some images to describe what I mean.
index.php?t=getfile&id=28682&private=0

• Attachment: gem set 2.jpg
    (Size: 44.00KB, Downloaded 565 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 09 March 2013 06:03 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #64042 is a reply to message #63646 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 23:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The ring arrived yesterday. Feels like christmas every time my designs arrive. I will be posting several pictures of the rings progress until its completed. I wanted to do a video to show the process but my voice is gone and i kinda sound like "Buckwheat" from the little rascals. Below is the ring in standard silver with no gloss or anything done to it.

Please excuse my cheap camera. These pictures don't do it any justice.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28976&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 00:06 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #64043 is a reply to message #64042 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 23:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here are some more pictures of the ring after adding adding some patina to it.... I will be doing a tutorial, step by step walkthrough on this, materials needed & all and post it on shapeways forum.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28977&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 00:02 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #64046 is a reply to message #64043 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 00:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
WOW! That came out REALLY fantastic! Will you be giving the higher parts a high polish for contrast?

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Sapphire Ring [message #64047 is a reply to message #64046 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 01:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Looking good so far. Your mom is going to love this!

I remember when Shapeways first came out with silver and I was wanting do some designs, but the resolution was way too low. Then years later, I happen to notice the resolution had improved drastically. So that's what brought me to Shapeways and the forum. I just sent my iron cross ring out to be manufactured by a jewelry manufacturer after developing it with Shapeways.

Lets see how good you are at cutting those slots! Very Happy I wouldn't trust myself with a hand operated rotary cutting tool, cuz I think I'd have an failure. If it were my task I'd make a gallium jig to hold the ring and I'd affix the jig to my CNC milling machine and write a short program for cutting the slots perfectly. That's cuz I'm anal when it comes to thing like this. HAHA! Laughing

I see you designed in guide marks, which will help quite a bit; are the any triangular files available that will fit in there? If so, that would provide a great amount of control.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Pages (2): [1  2    »] 

Previous Topic:Problem uploading model :(
Next Topic:First Model - Looking for an Evaluation

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.