Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Earring hooks
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Earring hooks [message #60100] Sat, 12 January 2013 21:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar miriamwade  is currently offline miriamwade
Go to all my models
I am interested in selling some of my 3d printed jewellery on the shapeways shop. I want to be able to sell earrings with hooks and or studs but I am not sure how to do this through the shop. And I would prefer not to have to do the assembly myself. Can I model earring hooks and studs in with my designs in plastic, steel and silver. I don't think the wall thickness will allow me. Any suggestions??
Re: Earring hooks [message #60133 is a reply to message #60100 ] Sun, 13 January 2013 16:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BAdesign  is currently offline BAdesign
Go to my shop
Hi Miriam

I'm in the same dilemma my self, modeling them in to the design is not a good idea because every material is different, it would'n print well and i'm not sure people would want these materials in their ear... (they are not medical grade).
SW once had an option to add hooks to earrings but they stopped it when the initial stock run out, they are now working on a better option for attaching earring hooks, chains and other stuff to enable us as shop owners to sell more finished goods Smile

maybe you can buy a stock of hooks and ask your customers to PM you with their address and you will send them parallel to the SW shipping and would only have to attach them

Previous Topic:Who's buying who?
Next Topic:Questions regarding Full colour sandstone