Home » Community » It arrived! » White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #59767] Mon, 07 January 2013 14:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar benaiah  is currently offline benaiah
Go to my shop
I have ordered SEVERAL pieces in White flexi polished, but some of the details have been polished away. Would love to order some in Fine Detail Plastic, but i am concerned it looks too gritty or "printy" with the linework.

WFP is perfect for me if i print bigger, but im curious how much better it could look if i used FDP...

Anyone...?

((Enclosed is my Klingon Bru'Tok destroyer, with one coat of green and detail paints added - this is in WFP, and it about 5.5 inches long.))

Re: White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #60064 is a reply to message #59767 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 04:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
You'd be better of using Frosted Detail or Frosted Ultra Detail. Those materials take a bit of work to prep for paint , you must remove residual support wax and corn oil, but with a little work it's the best material for models.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: White Flexi Polished Vs. Fine Detail Plastic...? [message #60079 is a reply to message #59767 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 15:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice,

Be sure to put a photo in your Shapeways shop..

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways

Previous Topic:Cubic Hourglasses by BRAM & OSKAR
Next Topic:Metal jewelery