Home » Community » General Discussion » New Guy
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New Guy [message #59931] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar raymondlemarre  is currently offline raymondlemarre
Go to my shop
i just uploaded a model I made in Sculptris. Shapeway has accepted it, but the model appears as if its on its backside instead of upright. A customer cannot tell what they are buying. How do I ensure that they see the image they are meant to see?
Re: New Guy [message #59932 is a reply to message #59931 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The orientation of the render is based on the file you upload. So you can rotate the model and re-upload, or you can make your own render and upload that image as the image to use for your item.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: New Guy [message #59934 is a reply to message #59931 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 21:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Sculptris has the local Y axis as the line for left/right symmetry, Shapeways treats the local Y axis as the vertical axis. There's a couple of solutions, use other software to re-orientate the model's local axis or (the easiest) take a screenshot of the model in the orientation that you'd like to be displayed, crop/tidy up the image and upload the image to the model page and then set that image as the default image for the model Smile

Paul

Previous Topic:WSF: Can it Take the Heat?
Next Topic:Stainless steel strength for trophy