Home » Community » General Discussion » high detail plastic 3D printer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  high detail plastic 3D printer [message #59893] Wed, 09 January 2013 13:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar lukazguzman  is currently offline lukazguzman
Go to my shop
Hello!
I have been trying Shapeways for prototyping our jewelry before we send it to mass produce, but my company is speculating about buying our own 3D printer to 3D print the prototypes at our office. For that I have seem that the High detail plastic works well at least to see sizes, shapes, and details before we print them in metal.
Can you guys recommend me some 3D printers that can be useful for this?
I think our main concern is that the detail can be high enough to see the details on small jewelry (rings, fingerrings, bracelets, etc).
Thank you so much in advance!
Lukaz Guzman
Re: high detail plastic 3D printer [message #59897 is a reply to message #59893 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 13:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
If you have a SolidScape or Envisiontec machine you could actually print waxes to produce your own patterns.

Bill Bedford

Previous Topic:need stl files to print-sell
Next Topic:Glazed ceramic in red and attaching 2 pieces of ceramic?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.