Home » Community » Introductions » New member with questions!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New member with questions! [message #59875] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar SmoothJewels  is currently offline SmoothJewels
Go to all my models
Hey everybody! I'm really interested in designing jewelry and I would really like to make it through Shapeways. I've already come up with a couple of ideas, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the actual modeling considering that the only background I have in 3D modeling is Autodesk. Are there any good 3D softwares that I could use and some good tutorials that come with it? Thanks!
Re: New member with questions! [message #59876 is a reply to message #59875 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Check this link:
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications

Several on that list are free.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: New member with questions! [message #60230 is a reply to message #59875 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 00:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Rhino 3d for accuracy and Zbrush 4r4 for detail. I have uses AutoCAD and 3d Studio but for making jewelry I use Rhino 3d and Zbrush 4r4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:Hi! I am a Newbie
Next Topic:Greetings!