Home » Support » 3D Printing » 1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material? [message #59856] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar Moosh89  is currently offline Moosh89
Go to my shop
Hello!

So it's my first time I have ever done a head sculpt. I am pretty much finished, but the client wants to order it for an action figure. The figure will either be 1/6th scale or 1/12th scale. What material is best to get the best details of his face, yet not break the bank?

index.php?t=getfile&id=25299&private=0

I was thinking Fine Detail, but have never ordered anything in any type of plastic except a small ring in Polished Alumide

I am worried that although WSF is strong, it may miss alot of the details or be too porous. He will get it painted by a hobbyist that paints miniatures.

Thanks!

• Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 36.21KB, Downloaded 82 time(s))

Re: 1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material? [message #60098 is a reply to message #59856 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 19:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
FUD, would of course, provide the best detail. WSF might work for the 1/6 scale head but as you fear, it will likely wash out some of the detail. Action figure heads are not uncommon in WSF but tend to be of a more "Sci-Fi Robot" nature and have more stylized exagerated features.

If you haven't already, Try putting a hole in bottom of the neck and adding thickness to the surface you have left over. That should reduce the volume.

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Printing orientation and material strength, for SLS
Next Topic:No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.