Home » Support » 3D Printing » 1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material? [message #59856] Tue, 08 January 2013 21:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar Moosh89  is currently offline Moosh89
Go to my shop
Hello!

So it's my first time I have ever done a head sculpt. I am pretty much finished, but the client wants to order it for an action figure. The figure will either be 1/6th scale or 1/12th scale. What material is best to get the best details of his face, yet not break the bank?

index.php?t=getfile&id=25299&private=0

I was thinking Fine Detail, but have never ordered anything in any type of plastic except a small ring in Polished Alumide

I am worried that although WSF is strong, it may miss alot of the details or be too porous. He will get it painted by a hobbyist that paints miniatures.

Thanks!

• Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 36.21KB, Downloaded 81 time(s))

Re: 1/6th to 1/12th scale Action Figure Head - Best material? [message #60098 is a reply to message #59856 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 19:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
FUD, would of course, provide the best detail. WSF might work for the 1/6 scale head but as you fear, it will likely wash out some of the detail. Action figure heads are not uncommon in WSF but tend to be of a more "Sci-Fi Robot" nature and have more stylized exagerated features.

If you haven't already, Try putting a hole in bottom of the neck and adding thickness to the surface you have left over. That should reduce the volume.

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Printing orientation and material strength, for SLS
Next Topic:No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab.