Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need Help Fixing Mesh
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need Help Fixing Mesh [message #59852] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
I've recently tried uploading a model to Shapeways and every single time, it uploads with insanely wrong geometry - trying to fix holes that aren't there, closing gaps that don't exist and so forth. I've run it through NetFabb a half-dozen times and the model is definitely closed, but Shapeways continues to try to repair it as it uploads - and make it look awful in the process.

I need some help from someone more experienced than I am. I don't know what Shapeways is trying to fix, but I'm willing to hire a 3D modeller to fix the mesh for me, since I can't find the problem.

If anyone is interested, PM me and we'll discuss.

Preview:
index.php?t=getfile&id=25289&private=0

Re: Need Help Fixing Mesh [message #59877 is a reply to message #59852 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
UPDATE: Thanks for your interest everyone, I found someone to solve the problem for me.

Previous Topic:Need someone with Netfabb Studio Professional to do one little tweak to my model.
Next Topic:I need a 3d modeler to take my sketch and make it into 3d...please help.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.