Home » Community » It arrived! » Hyperbolic bowl/sculpture thing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hyperbolic bowl/sculpture thing [message #59849] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar CristobalGordo  is currently offline CristobalGordo
Go to all my models
I was messing around with hyperbolic tilings and associated weavings and I made this as a first draft experiment. Came out as designed but maybe not so aesthetically pleasing. Or maybe it is...It certainly is odd looking.

(I always have to wrestle with getting color to work. I had used per vertex coloring in the past but it didn't work this time. I then had to figure out how to add a texture in meshlab which took me forever. I think more people would use the full color sandstone if the tutorials were a bit clearer- just my opinion.)

index.php?t=getfile&id=25284&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=25287&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=25288&private=0

• Attachment: Bowl 2.jpg
    (Size: 86.94KB, Downloaded 179 time(s))

• Attachment: Bowl 3.jpg
    (Size: 93.20KB, Downloaded 177 time(s))

• Attachment: Bowl 1.jpg
    (Size: 80.05KB, Downloaded 173 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2013 20:46 UTC]

Re: Hyperbolic bowl/sculpture thing [message #59863 is a reply to message #59849 ] Tue, 08 January 2013 22:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
WOW!

Despite the pain modeling it, it looks incredible! Well done!

And thanks for the tutorial tip, we're hoping to overhaul the whole "Learning" section of Shapeways soon!

Best,
Natalia

ps- You should upload the photos to the product page so everyone can see the bowl in it's 3D printed glory

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2013 22:06 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Rocket v2
Next Topic:Mantis - broken wing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.