Home »  » 3D Design » Error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Error [message #5982] Fri, 21 August 2009 13:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeroen870  is currently offline jeroen870
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm new here, and I have a problem. I designed something in inventor. Now when I upload the stl file I get several error's.
(We could not determine the size and/or volume of your model due to an invalid model structure.)
I've tried MeshLab, but still no succes.

Can someone help me with this?

Grz, Jeroen

Re: Error [message #5988 is a reply to message #5982 ] Fri, 21 August 2009 20:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Hmmmm, I have never seen that error before, but I took a look at it and found a few things. First off you had a minor manifold issue. And second, I assumed you wanted this in Milimeters as it was very close to an inch wide (in milimeters) but it was just a tad too thin. I increased the depth by a small margin and the attached version uploadable now (in milimeters).

WiKKiD

Re: Error [message #6016 is a reply to message #5982 ] Sun, 23 August 2009 03:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar afrodri  is currently offline afrodri
Go to my shop
I ran into this error for the first time a few days ago. I couldn't see anything wrong with my model (manifold, normals), so I uploaded in a different format (STL instead of X3D) and that solved the problem.
Re: Error [message #6019 is a reply to message #5982 ] Sun, 23 August 2009 09:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeroen870  is currently offline jeroen870
Go to all my models
Tnx! it works!
Re: Error [message #6021 is a reply to message #6019 ] Sun, 23 August 2009 11:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
jeroen870 wrote on Sun, 23 August 2009 09:00

Tnx! it works!

You're very welcome.
Very Happy

Previous Topic:Taboo, to make my own "ring poem"
Next Topic:Menifold problem

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.