Home » Community » General Discussion » Failed model.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Failed model. [message #59564] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar GADesign  is currently offline GADesign
Go to my shop
I've orderd some models along with a pinhole camera and recieved it on 21 december.

When i opened the package i saw that the pinhole camera didn't really look like what i've designed, it seems that something has gone wrong with the model.

As you can see in the pictures that i will post in comments, i'm missing the front of the camera *1 there are holes that i did'nt design *2 even a hole thet seems to be threaded *3 The model is thicker and it has features that i also did'nt designed *4

I've already mailed to service@shapeways.com twice from my mail adres info@gunterartdesign.com but did'nt get a reply, i really hope you can help me on this ?

Kind Regards,
Wesley Günter

Owner/Designer Günter Art & Design

Shapeways Render :
index.php?t=getfile&id=25093&private=0

If it doesn't look good it's not designed by us.
Re: Failed model. [message #59565 is a reply to message #59564 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=25094&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 1.06MB, Downloaded 239 time(s))

Re: Failed model. [message #59566 is a reply to message #59565 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=25095&private=0

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 1.48MB, Downloaded 232 time(s))

Re: Failed model. [message #59567 is a reply to message #59566 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=25096&private=0

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 855.33KB, Downloaded 224 time(s))

Re: Failed model. [message #59568 is a reply to message #59567 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=25097&private=0

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 1.07MB, Downloaded 220 time(s))

Re: Failed model. [message #59569 is a reply to message #59568 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Order nr : 174103
Product link : http://www.shapeways.com/model/808952/pinhole-camera-35mm-wi th-mount.html?li=my-models&key=3b025d1c2ee24d21ced28ad90 0b625f3]

Re: Failed model. [message #59570 is a reply to message #59564 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looks like two similar models were mixed up in shipping. I'll talk to service to see what's going on.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 19:52 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
icon5.gif  Re: Failed model. [message #59573 is a reply to message #59570 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well it looks a bit like my model so that would mean someone has a similar design ?

It looks to me that 2 models were blended into one in the process of nesting the models befor printing, or someone has addes some features to testprint.

I've never had any problems like this so i really would'nt know ?

Re: Failed model. [message #59574 is a reply to message #59564 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 20:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
We'll see if we can't find out, but it looks to me like similar items got swapped.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Failed model. [message #59663 is a reply to message #59564 ] Sat, 05 January 2013 13:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's an interesting problem you have there Shapeways. Considering the volume that you are producing everyday I can see how this would tend to occur.

After brainstorming numerous methods I cannot seem to find a good solution, being that everything is mixed together during printing.

One I idea I have is to go by weight, since the exact volume is known for each model. Problem is, trace amounts of non-printed material attached to the finished parts that was not cleaned off properly would tend to throw in enough variability to make it less than exact.

Other than printing a bar-code with each part that could be snapped off just before shipping, there are no other absolute methods I can think of at this time. If the problem were mine I would start working on a method of quick 3D scanning coupled with 3D part comparison and recognition software.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Failed model. [message #59675 is a reply to message #59574 ] Sat, 05 January 2013 17:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
If this is indeed a case of similar models getting swapped, I would chalk it up as another milestone reached for shapeways Very Happy
(i.e. how many concurrent orders are necessary to make this unlikely event actually happen ?)
Re: Failed model. [message #59699 is a reply to message #59675 ] Sun, 06 January 2013 00:46 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
2 similar models printed in the same material/colour at the same time Confused

I'm hoping it dous'nt have the same function, i was kinda expecting to have the first 3D printed Pinhole camera design Very Happy

Previous Topic:Incorporate a Lapel Pin with the 3D Model
Next Topic:Help me understand this forum?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.