Home » Community » It arrived! » Rocket v2
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rocket v2 [message #59122] Sun, 23 December 2012 14:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
My latest 3D print. My mini rocket. The SPRO MKII, a redesign of my last one. With launch guide in the fin and easy loading/reloading system. So far untested. My aim was to make the smallest, lightest, most aerodynamic rocket I could. Weighing a total of 8.5 grams.

index.php?t=getfile&id=24703&private=0

Re: Rocket v2 [message #59124 is a reply to message #59122 ] Sun, 23 December 2012 14:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi there,

looks good. But if you want to save more weight you could just have 3 fins, with the added benefit that the rocket would always be stable no matter how flat the launch surface. But I guess the launch guide takes care of this latter point.

Good luck and happy launchings
Re: Rocket v2 [message #59292 is a reply to message #59122 ] Fri, 28 December 2012 09:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
I might eventually go for 3 fins but for stabilitys sake ill start with 4 until im sure it flys well:)
Re: Rocket v2 [message #59354 is a reply to message #59292 ] Sat, 29 December 2012 23:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I don't know anything about model rockets, or real rockets for that matter, but have you thought about modeling in a curve to the fins to induce spin? Similar to rifling on a bullet? Might help to stabilize it in flight, though you would probably have to experiment with the rate of twist. Looking forward to seeing this one fly when you post a video.
Re: Rocket v2 [message #59805 is a reply to message #59354 ] Mon, 07 January 2013 21:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jrey  is currently offline jrey
Go to all my models
Now that's cool. Looking forward to its maiden voyage.

Previous Topic:Branding Badge for Amplifiers
Next Topic:Hyperbolic bowl/sculpture thing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.