Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Black powder/residue/stuff on silver models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Black powder/residue/stuff on silver models [message #59158] Mon, 24 December 2012 11:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar DavidMulder  is currently offline DavidMulder
Go to all my models
Ok, just wondering, on my model there was a lot of black stuff/residue/powder I had to scrape of with a knife.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/580/blackpowder.png

Although I already finished my model, I would really love to know what it was? And whether scraping it off with a knife was the right way to go, or whether there are any better methods?
Re: Black powder/residue/stuff on silver models [message #59161 is a reply to message #59158 ] Mon, 24 December 2012 12:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
It's likely polish....

Remove it in an ultrasonic bath.

Bill Bedford
Re: Black powder/residue/stuff on silver models [message #59720 is a reply to message #59158 ] Sun, 06 January 2013 17:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GlenG  is currently offline GlenG
Go to all my models
If it is polishing compound , soak parts in 50/50 mix of household ammonia and water then use a soft toothbrush and all should be fine.
-G

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
Leonardo da Vinci

Previous Topic:Print ink on top of a 3D printed item?
Next Topic:varnishing and sealing full-color sandstone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.