Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Errors after customer has paid :(
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Errors after customer has paid :( [message #58829] Tue, 18 December 2012 18:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar paulelderdesign  is currently offline paulelderdesign
Go to my shop
Hi Guys

Quick question is there any way of recieving the email before selling my products. I have 3 fails now and have
fixed the models in question but it looks bad if the client has already paid me up front Sad

Is there an option to have your model checked beforehand?

Regards

Paul
Re: Errors after customer has paid :( [message #58830 is a reply to message #58829 ] Tue, 18 December 2012 18:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You could send it to support to see if they see anything that could prevent it from printing. But in the end it's up to the operator so they still may miss something that the operator sees.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Errors after customer has paid :( [message #58849 is a reply to message #58829 ] Tue, 18 December 2012 23:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Yes, there are loads of thing you can do to ensure the models you create for a client are printable.
The biggest and most important thing you can do is create models for yourself and find out what the materials can do, what the tolerances are for the materials (not the guidelines, but the tolerances, as in what can be done and what can't be done).

So basically understand the beast, tame the beast, expect the beast to bite you sometimes, and then, maybe, you can offer a 'Guaranteed printable by Shapeways' service too Smile

Paul

Previous Topic:Appendages on ceramic models
Next Topic:Ceramics - Cm/2?