Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Toy/model cuttlefish
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Toy/model cuttlefish [message #58359] Mon, 10 December 2012 23:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar triumphant_potato  is currently offline triumphant_potato
Go to all my models
I am a Mechanical Engineering student, and I have access to 3D printing, but it is actually more expensive here than on this website. So after several actual days of combing the internet for some sort of cuttlefish, be it plastic, ceramic, plush, anything, I came to think of modeling it in rapid prototyping. However, making a cuttlefish is currently FAR beyond my modeling capabilities. It is possible that I would be willing to make it myself, but I would definitely need help along the way.
I am coming to you guys, for the first time (I just heard of this site today, actually), to ask for any and all assistance you may be willing to offer me. I am looking to model a specific cuttlefish, being this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjloPutUCeo. The feeding display is mesmerizing. The idea is to make the model from a material that can be colored on, and then hand it over to my girlfriend who is a contest winning colorer (not sure how better to phrase that) in order to have her color that fantastic patterning.
So what do you say, guys? Up to the challenge?
Re: Toy/model cuttlefish [message #58507 is a reply to message #58359 ] Wed, 12 December 2012 21:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gafsadesign  is currently offline gafsadesign
Go to my shop
pm sent
Re: Toy/model cuttlefish [message #58666 is a reply to message #58507 ] Sat, 15 December 2012 16:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar triumphant_potato  is currently offline triumphant_potato
Go to all my models
I would like to thank everyone who has replied to this posting. Your response was far more than I expected. Where I was expecting maybe 1 or 2 responses, I received many more. So I am going to have to choose from all of you wonderful people, and that is going to be hard enough as it is. I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I can only choose one (for pay, anyway)!

Previous Topic:seeking 3d model designer for small prototype
Next Topic:1/18th Aircraft Parts Needed