Home »  » 3D Applications » Groups of objects
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Groups of objects [message #5809] Wed, 12 August 2009 20:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar philipwh  is currently offline philipwh
Go to my shop
I'm trying to upload a model that consists of 20 objects grouped together - they intersect with each other, though not within themselves. However, when I upload the model, only one of the objects seems to get through.

The objects are grouped in Blender.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 20:47 UTC]

Re: Groups of objects [message #5810 is a reply to message #5809 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Hi Phil;

You need to Join the Objects together, not group them. Grouping only creates a logical association of Objects so you can manipulate them together. But they are still individual Objects. To join the together you select everthing you want to print and then hit {CTRL+J}. Even if the Objects are intended to be separate after they are printed, you need to do this in order for them to be a singular Model. Give that a go and let me know how it works.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 21:05 UTC]

Re: Groups of objects [message #5812 is a reply to message #5809 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar philipwh  is currently offline philipwh
Go to my shop
Yes that worked. Thanks for the help, I feel silly for asking about such basic stuff but I couldn't find anything using the forum search.
Re: Groups of objects [message #5813 is a reply to message #5812 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
I'd wager Albert Einstein has to ask a question or two in his lifetime... Nothing to feel silly about at all. Very Happy

Previous Topic:Only back faces display?
Next Topic:How to make a hole in an object in blender

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.