Home » Support » 3D Applications » Groups of objects
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Groups of objects [message #5809] Wed, 12 August 2009 20:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar philipwh  is currently offline philipwh
Go to my shop
I'm trying to upload a model that consists of 20 objects grouped together - they intersect with each other, though not within themselves. However, when I upload the model, only one of the objects seems to get through.

The objects are grouped in Blender.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 20:47 UTC]

Re: Groups of objects [message #5810 is a reply to message #5809 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Hi Phil;

You need to Join the Objects together, not group them. Grouping only creates a logical association of Objects so you can manipulate them together. But they are still individual Objects. To join the together you select everthing you want to print and then hit {CTRL+J}. Even if the Objects are intended to be separate after they are printed, you need to do this in order for them to be a singular Model. Give that a go and let me know how it works.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 21:05 UTC]

Re: Groups of objects [message #5812 is a reply to message #5809 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar philipwh  is currently offline philipwh
Go to my shop
Yes that worked. Thanks for the help, I feel silly for asking about such basic stuff but I couldn't find anything using the forum search.
Re: Groups of objects [message #5813 is a reply to message #5812 ] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
I'd wager Albert Einstein has to ask a question or two in his lifetime... Nothing to feel silly about at all. Very Happy

Previous Topic:Only back faces display?
Next Topic:How to make a hole in an object in blender