Home » Support » 3D Design » "We don't cast pins"?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
"We don't cast pins"? [message #57637] Wed, 28 November 2012 23:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar hagman  is currently offline hagman
Go to all my models
An order of mine was rejected with

Reason: Thin walls
Additional information: we don't cast pins

"Thin walls" suggests (material is silver) tha a wall is less than 0.6 mm thick.I think I had corrected out all places where so thin walls might occur.
Remarkably, the accompanying image does not show any thin wall markers.
In fact, this order was a redesign of a previously failed order, where there was a complaint abount thin walls and the marker in the image showed a value *greater* than 0.6mm.

However, what I really cannot figure is "we don't cast pins". How this?
Admittedly I stretched the design rules for silver by placing two items. However, the exception for earrings and cufflinks is explicit in the rules. My design was not ear*rings* but ear*pins*. How does that make a difference?
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57677 is a reply to message #57637 ] Thu, 29 November 2012 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Do you have an image of these earpins? I'll see what I can dig up about the rejection. If you could supply the order number to assist them in finding the response.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57764 is a reply to message #57677 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hagman  is currently offline hagman
Go to all my models
Thanks a lot, it's order #169777 and here's the image of the rejection mail.

Hagen

Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57770 is a reply to message #57637 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Awesome, thanks. I've forwarded on to service to figure out what's going on here.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57908 is a reply to message #57637 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 13:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Hangman,

I have sent you an PM explaining why the model got rejected. Hope this helps you out bit!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:flexible tab
Next Topic:Intersection of materials accepted?