Home » Support » 3D Design » flexible tab
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
flexible tab [message #57862] Sun, 02 December 2012 11:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar tzenobite  is currently offline tzenobite
Go to all my models
hi! i got a question about the first project i'm developing
i got a pocket, to get cards in place i think at tab that keep firmly down the card, like clips
what i need to know is how much the "strong and flexible plastic" is, exactily!, flexible Wink for example, a tab 1mm thick, 20mm long and 10mm wide how much mms can flex without breaking? is possibile 4mm?
something like this: (the black line is the clip in its "natural" shape, the grey line is the clip pulled at maximum height)

index.php?t=getfile&id=23701&private=0

many thanks!

matteo (italia)

• Attachment: tab.jpg
    (Size: 30.28KB, Downloaded 76 time(s))

Re: flexible tab [message #57873 is a reply to message #57862 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 16:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Non scientific answer: I think you'll be okay. How thick you make the flexible tab will control how much flexing it can do.
I would suggest watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXgbJB9v6Zk

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: flexible tab [message #57879 is a reply to message #57873 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tzenobite  is currently offline tzenobite
Go to all my models
wow! very flexible indeed

who's the videomaker? it's possible to know how thick the piece of the video is?
Re: flexible tab [message #57881 is a reply to message #57879 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
"less than a millimeter" was the answer given by the author in response to this question,
in case you did not notice that in the comments section below the video. The lower bound
is of course supplied by the design guidelines for the strong&flexible material, i.e. at least 0.7mm

Previous Topic:Traditional Clay and Wax Sculptor - Can I Scan Existing 3D Designs?
Next Topic:"We don't cast pins"?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.