Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Model uploaded, but not printable in any material
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57737] Fri, 30 November 2012 12:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I've just uploaded a new model http://shpws.me/mMQi which, although it uploaded quite happily is not printable in any material. I have no idea why this should be as is just an enlagement of a previous model.

Any one any ideas ? Or is this a Shapways glitch ? I've made it downloadable if anyone wants to check the stl .

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2012 12:30 UTC]

Re: Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57738 is a reply to message #57737 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
There is a similar report over in the General forum, seems to be a glitch or a server load problem,
possibly it just takes looooonger for the uploads to fully materialize at the moment.
Re: Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57749 is a reply to message #57737 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 16:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gharryh  is currently offline gharryh
Go to my shop
Does it have a wall or something like that? .
Enlarging makes a wall thinner en then possibly not printable.
I had the same problem once.

Regards

Harry
Re: Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57750 is a reply to message #57737 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 16:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I moved to bugs as that shouldn't be happening. If it can't be printed it shouldn't be uploadable. Unless something has changed recently, SW software doesn't check wall thickness.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57782 is a reply to message #57750 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 20:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Ah OK This is now showing as printable in my shop !

I don't know whether Shapways has fixed it or it was some strange timing issue.

Would have thought the matrieals checking was done when it was uploaded, but maybe not and its done later ?

Tom
Re: Model uploaded, but not printable in any material [message #57783 is a reply to message #57737 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 20:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I don't know but a small patch was released earlier today that may have fixed it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Markup CSV wont' download FIXED!
Next Topic:STL Dimensions are way off- help!!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.