Home » Community » Work in progress » a Bow design (for on top of presents)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57680] Thu, 29 November 2012 16:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
I was feeling festive and creative and actually had a moment to design for myself so I came up with this bow design. It was a lot of fun designing it, and I have some other versions I'm working on. Enjoy!

index.php?t=getfile&id=23514&private=0

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57911 is a reply to message #57680 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Clever Wink But I wonder if it won't be too expensive?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57959 is a reply to message #57911 ] Tue, 04 December 2012 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
This does probably fall into the category of a creative exercise versus a profitable hot selling design.

But sure, I'd be happy for Shapeways to lower their prices! I only have about a $3 markup on it, but it is more material (more cost) then I was expecting. So I am working on a lower cost version too, but I'm very happy with the design of this original one.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57987 is a reply to message #57911 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 04:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar scottslags  is currently offline scottslags
Go to all my models
I don't see that as a piece to go on top of a present, but as the present itself.....
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #58272 is a reply to message #57911 ] Sun, 09 December 2012 06:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 14:12

Clever Wink But I wonder if it won't be too expensive?

Bart

Well, it is reusable. But I suspect the break-even point is measured in decades. If you are like my family, the break-even point is probably never. We save all the bows from our presents to be reused next year. I don't know if my mother has purchased new bows in a very long time.

Previous Topic:A Voronoi Halloween
Next Topic:A few ornament designs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.