Home » Community » Work in progress » a Bow design (for on top of presents)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57680] Thu, 29 November 2012 16:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
I was feeling festive and creative and actually had a moment to design for myself so I came up with this bow design. It was a lot of fun designing it, and I have some other versions I'm working on. Enjoy!

index.php?t=getfile&id=23514&private=0

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57911 is a reply to message #57680 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Clever Wink But I wonder if it won't be too expensive?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57959 is a reply to message #57911 ] Tue, 04 December 2012 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
This does probably fall into the category of a creative exercise versus a profitable hot selling design.

But sure, I'd be happy for Shapeways to lower their prices! I only have about a $3 markup on it, but it is more material (more cost) then I was expecting. So I am working on a lower cost version too, but I'm very happy with the design of this original one.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #57987 is a reply to message #57911 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 04:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar scottslags  is currently offline scottslags
Go to all my models
I don't see that as a piece to go on top of a present, but as the present itself.....
Re: a Bow design (for on top of presents) [message #58272 is a reply to message #57911 ] Sun, 09 December 2012 06:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 14:12

Clever Wink But I wonder if it won't be too expensive?

Bart

Well, it is reusable. But I suspect the break-even point is measured in decades. If you are like my family, the break-even point is probably never. We save all the bows from our presents to be reused next year. I don't know if my mother has purchased new bows in a very long time.

Previous Topic:A Voronoi Halloween
Next Topic:A few ornament designs