Home » Community » General Discussion » Printing Roulette
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing Roulette [message #57596] Wed, 28 November 2012 11:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar Zoe Brain  is currently offline Zoe Brain
Go to all my models
I'm starting to get feedback from multiple designers like this, about models that have successfully printed multiple times over many months, and fall within guidelines - but now are rejected:

Quote:

Their reply was that they are only guidelines ... basically it's up to them to decide on what can print.

I have updated the buzzard and JI today so hopefully those orders will go out now.

My last but one order contained a buzzard - no problems. But now there are.

Because of the high international shipping costs, I order quite a few different items at one go. Now all orders have rejections, seemingly at random. Even on models unchanged for over a year.

Perhaps it may be that these models have prints with a high reject rate - possibly only from some subcontractors, not others. Just because one subcontractor can print in with 100% reliability doesn't mean others can print it at all, even if it does conform to the guidelines. There might be good reasons why a "this model prints successfully" flag can no longer be implemented.

.But something about the system has changed recently, and designers are starting to leave.
Re: Printing Roulette [message #57606 is a reply to message #57596 ] Wed, 28 November 2012 14:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Zoe, we're collecting internal information on what's going on. I'll send you a PM about sending some more information to us.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Printing Roulette [message #57608 is a reply to message #57606 ] Wed, 28 November 2012 14:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Zoe Brain  is currently offline Zoe Brain
Go to all my models
Thanks.

Example of "can't be printed" models:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Revchaos/Taube/2012-11-27_23-25-41_638.jpg

Obviously they could be at one time....
Re: Printing Roulette [message #57610 is a reply to message #57596 ] Wed, 28 November 2012 14:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
As for previously printed items we have this thread here that is already discussing this. To prevent multiple threads on the same topic, I'm going to lock this one down. Feel free to post on that thread.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:honey badger
Next Topic:How Do I Upload to Full Color Sandstone?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.