Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » need design for holding circular and oval cylinders, like an adjustable collet
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
need design for holding circular and oval cylinders, like an adjustable collet [message #57425] Sun, 25 November 2012 15:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar flyerman  is currently offline flyerman
Go to all my models
Hello I'm a new member here, very experienced in cnc machining of metals and plastics, but I have a need for a new design out of plastic and thought that maybe with 3d printing its possible to make, as I know with regular cnc milling or turning it would be too complex and expensive.

I believe 3d printing is the future and I'm sure some of you folks here are the brightest minds in the world, as the work examples I see on this site and others is truely amazing.

Need to hold onto round and oval hollow cylinders between 10mm - 60mm in outside diameter, length is between 2 inches and 10 inches.

The hollow cylinders are light weight and dentable like toothpaste tubes, but I don't want to squeeze them so hard that they dent.

Trying to figure out something easily adjustable to fit various size cylinders.

Thank you all very much
Re: need design for holding circular and oval cylinders, like an adjustable collet [message #57530 is a reply to message #57425 ] Tue, 27 November 2012 03:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Pm sent

Previous Topic:Repair needed on Character model for 3D Printing
Next Topic:'Team Awesome' Character Model for 3D Printing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.