Home »  » Introductions » New at all this...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  New at all this... [message #57112] Mon, 19 November 2012 20:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar melodyrachel  is currently offline melodyrachel
Go to all my models
Hi guys,

I make jewellry out of metal clay...I know it sounds weird. Google it. It certainly has its great features and some, not so much.

I have a Mac...and I really want to try out this service. While I am very familiar with computers in general, I have never used any kind of design program.

So, I am looking for the easiest 3D design program for a Mac, compatible with Shapeways.

A trial download would be great.

If anyone has an idea...lemme know.

btw...you can see my stuff at my Etsy Shop.

Thanks a ton...

MelodyRachel
Re: New at all this... [message #57115 is a reply to message #57112 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 20:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome! Check out the 123D suite. They have some software for Mac, some for PC, even one for iPhone.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: New at all this... [message #57514 is a reply to message #57112 ] Mon, 26 November 2012 21:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mezmera  is currently offline Mezmera
Go to my shop
Hi, welcome!
Another program you could look into is Blender. It is open source, free and as far as I know, also compatible with Macs. I use it myself and although it has a bit of a steep learning curve (mostly due to the large amount of keyboards shortcuts you need to learn and the fact that it is a rather comprehensive program), it is a great modelling tool. Also, it is great for modelling organic shapes.

A program that I haven't used myself but which is very good and really easy to learn according to many people, is Sculptris. It is free as well and focuses mostly on organic modelling.

Good luck!

P.S.: Nice shop!

Previous Topic:Hello!
Next Topic:My new shop!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.