Home » Support » Bug Reporting » getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57173] Tue, 20 November 2012 18:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
If I try to update an existing model i seem to get the "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" every time

But the update worked fine and the model is now using the new version I just uploaded.

Tom
Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57304 is a reply to message #57173 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 02:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I have today tried uploading some very, very simple new models and keep getting the same message... And, of course, they don't upload.

Glenn

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2012 02:49 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57305 is a reply to message #57304 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 04:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kimotion  is currently offline Kimotion
Go to my shop
Same here, I've been getting this all night.
Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57321 is a reply to message #57305 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 11:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yeah, something's amiss... I woke up to find 7 such emails in my Inbox when I had already deleted the ones I received immediately after uploading.

Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57344 is a reply to message #57321 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 16:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I was advised by Support that there was a hard drive crash, but all should be in order now.

Glenn

Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57348 is a reply to message #57344 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 18:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
I just got the same false rejection on a model I just uploaded. The issue might not be 100% corrected yet.

On a separate note: Is there some reason shapeways' automated system no longer includes a reason for the rejection and just says there was a problem? I remember they used to include the error messages (invalid input, empty output, incorrect size, etc.) that, while sometimes cryptic, used to help you figure out why the upload was rejected by the system. It seems like for the last few months all the emails say is there was a problem but give no feedback.
Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57349 is a reply to message #57348 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday but couldn't remember what my most recent messages were like before that.

I will email Support again...

Glenn

Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57350 is a reply to message #57349 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 18:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I just logged completely out and back in again.... went to my models and there were all the ones that got "rejected" last night!

Glenn

Re: getting "Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model" when worked ok [message #57495 is a reply to message #57173 ] Mon, 26 November 2012 15:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Can you guys provide us with OS and Browser info? Are you still seeing this behavior today?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:504 errors
Next Topic:Shop embed mod disappeared?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.