Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Shop ordering enhancements
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Shop ordering enhancements [message #4934] Mon, 15 June 2009 20:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
I just went through another order session. 18 items took me 15 minutes to order.

Underthefloor has brought this subject up in two different forums and as of yet still have no reply.

Feature requests:
The ability to mark multiple items as part of a kit or single assembly. So when someone goes to order a mutipart assembly, they can click a check box or something and all the components will be ordered that are identified as part of the kit. (While leaving the option to purchase single parts as replacements parts if needed.)

Also, it would be really nice to be able to have a simple list view of all items in a shop, so a person who knows exactly what they want to order, can just mark a bunch of check boxes on a single page and then add them all to the cart at the same time.

Very Happy
Re: Shop ordering enhancements [message #5017 is a reply to message #4934 ] Wed, 24 June 2009 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Michael,

At this moment, I publish my puzzle designs in my Shapeways Shop as a kit, with multiple parts in a single STL. See
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/oskarpuzzles
Notice that 500.000-triangle limit is for the STL as a whole. It takes a bit of juggling to have sufficient resolution without passing the limit.

Does that help?

Oskar
Re: Shop ordering enhancements [message #5187 is a reply to message #4934 ] Fri, 10 July 2009 15:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
I agree, ordering is painfull. Did also an entry under feedback ...

More then 8100 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: Shop ordering enhancements [message #5742 is a reply to message #4934 ] Sat, 08 August 2009 16:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Kitty  is currently offline Kitty
Go to my shop
now, that is not such a problem if you make something that consists of a few parts, but imagine this: a starship model with about 90 different parts , some of which are needed 7 fold or even 21 fold.

Somehow it should be possible for a shop owner to make an order and save that order as template and have people order from that template by deleting parts from it.

I am working on a starship with 2 smaller section and 1 big section, one of the smaller sections already has 37 parts (25 unique parts) and it is not finished by a long shot.
My gues is when that section is done, it will be like 70 parts.
The total of parts that need to be printed for it , (besides the huge forward section shell, i'll make a master of that by hand and make molds in order to pressurecast copies)
might well exceed 200.
now that will take days to fill out an order and a good chance you miss something.

Previous Topic:Can't change shop logo
Next Topic:Small bug in product pages

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.