Home » Support » 3D Printing » What does Escape Hole mean?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What does Escape Hole mean? [message #57352] Fri, 23 November 2012 19:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar Aquillyne  is currently offline Aquillyne
Go to my shop
A lot of material design guidelines say "minimum escape hole" width. What does this mean?
Re: What does Escape Hole mean? [message #57353 is a reply to message #57352 ] Fri, 23 November 2012 20:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
An escape hole is usually involved when createing an object with a hollowed out center. When they print the model, it allows un fused material to be removed from the interior, just leaving the printed object behind. A technique that saves on price, since less material is the result.

Keith

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2012 20:08 UTC]

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
icon7.gif  Re: What does Escape Hole mean? [message #57437 is a reply to message #57353 ] Sun, 25 November 2012 17:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Salorian  is currently offline Salorian
Go to all my models
If you trap yourself inside your own design, this escape hole can be very helpful for you to get out .... Laughing

Leave your EGO behind and the universe will open up ....
Re: What does Escape Hole mean? [message #57520 is a reply to message #57437 ] Mon, 26 November 2012 23:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Aquillyne  is currently offline Aquillyne
Go to my shop
Salorian wrote on Sun, 25 November 2012 17:19

If you trap yourself inside your own design, this escape hole can be very helpful for you to get out .... Laughing

LOL!

Previous Topic:Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model... again ... again .... again
Next Topic:Resolution and printing method for the fine detail plastic material?