Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » SHAPEWAYS order issue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
SHAPEWAYS order issue [message #57292] Thu, 22 November 2012 18:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar gfollano  is currently offline gfollano
Go to all my models
I ordered some parts from Shapeways, I have no issues paying the taxes but to pay over $65 UPS brokerage fees! is a total scam and way overpriced. I always have stuff shipped USPS and never had this problem, but every single time UPS delivers I get stuck with rediculous fees, I rather pay more for shipping and use USPS.

Unfortunately I only noticed Shapeways was using UPS after I placed my order, Shapeways please listen up, you should give customers the choice, I personally always had problems with UPS and don't want to give them my business, got burned many times for lost packages, damages and never got compensated, it actually took them 3 attempts to deliver my Shapeways parts ($400 worth of parts) according to the driver I wasn't home, I work from home!!!! that same day FEDEX delivered a package, I knew from tracking # package was suppose to arrive that day, but to my shock I saw a UPS notice card on my door knob, the driver never rang the doorbell, same thing the next day, I called UPS to complain and also placed a BIG note written in BIG letters RING DOORBELL I'M HOME ! a real joke especially when I have over $400 in parts going left and right, so whenever I can avoid UPS I will, Never ever had a single problem with USPS or Canada post so not only I have to pay for UPS rediculous brockerage fees but also for their crappy service NO WAY!!!

Here another thing that I'm upset about, I ordered over 20 different parts from Shapeways but one part couldn't be made because of a design issue, so I asked them to hold on shipping so they can ship everything together when design is fixed, apparently they couldn't, they took it upon themselves to stll make the rest of the order instead of asking me first until I fix the design and have everything made and shipped together, I needed every single part for my project and was useless to only have part of my order anyways. As a customer service when many different parts are ordered together in a single order and there's a issue with one part they should ask customer first before processing the rest of the order, this means that when they ship the missing part I will end up paying again for UPS brokerage fees, because brokerage fee is the same regardless of item value, but this could have been avoided if SHAPEWAYS would have shipped everything together.

Gerardo

[Updated on: Thu, 22 November 2012 19:05 UTC]

Re: SHAPEWAYS order issue [message #57482 is a reply to message #57292 ] Mon, 26 November 2012 14:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Gerardo,

I replied to you on the other post that you commented on. As for the shipping I refer you to this post. As for your order concerns, there was an internal issue that was delaying rejections. This should be resolved now, and you should receive rejections in time to cancel the entire order.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:WTF, I guess I'll never be getting any sales from Canada.
Next Topic:Do you use a 3d scanner?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.