Home » Community » General Discussion » check for non-manifold errors
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
check for non-manifold errors [message #5667] Wed, 05 August 2009 06:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3dumbrella  is currently offline 3dumbrella
Go to all my models
Is there any other software available out there to check for non-manifold errors?

I have tried the one available on this site and also blender. But is there anything else??
Re: check for non-manifold errors [message #5668 is a reply to message #5667 ] Wed, 05 August 2009 06:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Greetings;

Have a look at this tutorial:

http://www.wikkid-widgets.com/RepairingNon-manifoldmesheswit hBlender.pdf

If you are still having issues, you can post an .STL and one of of will take a look for you.

WiKKiD
Re: check for non-manifold errors [message #5702 is a reply to message #5668 ] Thu, 06 August 2009 06:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3dumbrella  is currently offline 3dumbrella
Go to all my models
Is there anything else other than Blender for checking non main folds? Blender has been driving me crazy. There must be an easier solution to find non-manifolds.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 August 2009 06:32 UTC]

Re: check for non-manifold errors [message #5703 is a reply to message #5667 ] Thu, 06 August 2009 07:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
I don't have any free applications to reccomend, but DeskArtes 3Data Expert and Magics 13 have come a long way in making these sort of errors easier to spot and rectify. Though there aren't any that will automatically fix it.

Z-Corp's ZEdit would also be able to do it (it contain tons of code from the DeskArtes program).
Re: check for non-manifold errors [message #5704 is a reply to message #5702 ] Thu, 06 August 2009 10:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
If the Tutorial wasn't able to help, upload an STL of your model or PM it to me and I will take a look. There are so many different situations that can cause a non-manifold issue so I can understand your frustration.

Previous Topic:300 million year old spider reconstructed in 3D
Next Topic:Model Comparisons