Home » Support » 3D Design » Unable to convert file format and Scaling
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Unable to convert file format and Scaling [message #56984] Sat, 17 November 2012 02:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar a3333326  is currently offline a3333326
Go to all my models
Hi,

I have made this ring but I could not convert it to the correct file format for uploading to Shapeways, I was wondering if one of you experts could help me convert the file!

Another issue is that I do not know whether my ring design is of the suitable scale and ready to be made into the actual ring!

I would really appreciate it if anyone of you could help me out!

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Wade
a3333326@yahoo.com.tw

• Attachment: W.zip
    (Size: 1.43MB, Downloaded 22 time(s))

• Attachment: W.zip
    (Size: 1.43MB, Downloaded 14 time(s))

Re: Unable to convert file format and Scaling [message #56988 is a reply to message #56984 ] Sat, 17 November 2012 07:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
The filetypes indicate you are using Solidworks, correct? I don't know the software, however Google was rather helpful and gave me this -
http://grabad.com/questions/how-do-i-convert-sldprt-to-step - which, in the screenshots, shows that the file can be saved as STL Smile

I'd imagine Solidworks has measuring tools, but if it doesn't, grab yourself a free copy of NetFabb Studio Basic.
Once you have NetFabb Basic, load in your STL model file. You can then measure any part of the ring and scale if needs be.

index.php?t=getfile&id=22883&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=22884&private=0

Paul

Re: Unable to convert file format and Scaling [message #57012 is a reply to message #56988 ] Sun, 18 November 2012 01:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar a3333326  is currently offline a3333326
Go to all my models
Hi,

It works! Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,
Wade

Previous Topic:how can I 'bake' a rig?
Next Topic:Ring design