Home » Community » Work in progress » Rabbit Pendant
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rabbit Pendant [message #56929] Thu, 15 November 2012 23:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar ajman098  is currently offline ajman098
Go to all my models
Hey all, first time poster. New to all this so any help is appreciated.

I've designed a rabbit pendant for that special someone as a Christmas gift. I'm trying to tell if it would print well in Sterling Silver.

Shapeways Page

• Attachment: full.png
    (Size: 607.40KB, Downloaded 62 time(s))

Re: Rabbit Pendant [message #56930 is a reply to message #56929 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 23:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ajman098  is currently offline ajman098
Go to all my models
I should probably mention that the heavy gridlines are 1cm and the lights are 1mm. The overall model ends up being about 2.3cm x 1cm. My biggest concern is the depth of the heart (1mm at deepest) and the ring hole in the ear. Given the order wait and deliver times, I feel like I have one shot at this.
Re: Rabbit Pendant [message #57178 is a reply to message #56929 ] Tue, 20 November 2012 19:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
It looks good to me, thought I would check the guidelines here, paying particular attention to the embossing guideline:

Designing details must not jut out too much, or have deep engravings
Engraved details must not be too deep, and embossed details must not be too tall. The width of your detail must be the same more greater than how far it juts out from the surface (or sinks in for engraving). Engraved details that are too deep will cause issues when casting. Embossed details that are too tall are more likely to chip and break during production (unless the detail meets the minimum wall requirements).

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/silver-design-guidelines

How deep is the embossing of the heart and the letters on the back?

As long as they are 0.3mm minimum they should be fine.

Looks great!

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Spanish Chiminea tea light holder
Next Topic:Animated Dual Message iPhone 5 Case

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.