Home » Community » It arrived! » Wedding Present - Ring Design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Wedding Present - Ring Design [message #56421] Wed, 07 November 2012 12:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar Metrospy  is currently offline Metrospy
Go to all my models
Hi all,

Thought I'd share my first 3D print with everyone. I designed this in Sketchup and it was a gift to my wife for our wedding anniversary. Nothing too complex as it was my first try and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Most importantly Ceri really likes it too!

index.php?t=getfile&id=22441&private=0

Printed in polished alumide, didn't quite know how it would look but the quality seems very good and really stands out. There was a minor problem with the middle part of some of the "e" letters in that I had to bend them into position slightly but all in all, very pleased! Sorry there is no sense of scale, it's actually about 6cm in diameter.

Next try will be something in colour I think.

Steve

• Attachment: IMG_0021.JPG
    (Size: 74.32KB, Downloaded 263 time(s))

Re: Wedding Present - Ring Design [message #56680 is a reply to message #56421 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice! But ehm, how do you wear a ring with a diameter of 6cm? Smile

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Wedding Present - Ring Design [message #56684 is a reply to message #56680 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Metrospy  is currently offline Metrospy
Go to all my models
It'll go onto some kind of plinth to be put on the mantelpiece when I get round to doing it. Smile

I was going to incorporate this into the design before printing, but then decided to just get it done and think of something later.
Re: Wedding Present - Ring Design [message #56688 is a reply to message #56684 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 14:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ah, that explains it Wink

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:The Weeping Angel
Next Topic:iMac Privacy Screen

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.