Home » Support » 3D Printing » Confused by a great print
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Confused by a great print [message #56538] Fri, 09 November 2012 05:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar alduduk  is currently offline alduduk
Go to all my models
Good Evening All,
I just got back my first print of my own design and was quite happy with the quality. I had no issues uploading process went quite smoothly. There was one caveat, the model came back cleanly sliced into 2 sections. The dimensions of the model were 7 x7 x16cm in WSF. It wasn't polished or dyed. I believe that those dimensions should fit withing the bounding box on any axis as the dimensions I was making sure I was within were 66x35x55cm. Also when I went back to My Models it was listed as unprintable in WSF so I cannot print a second one for further testing. I've attached the model in question to this message if somebody would take a look and tell me what I'm missing. Thanks for your time, have an outstanding day.

Re: Confused by a great print [message #56547 is a reply to message #56538 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
I don't see any issues with the model - there were a few holes that were easy fixed with NetFabb (Shapeways Mesh Medic does the same when you upload a model). Your best bet is to contact Shapeways Customer Services (service@shapeways.com) and see how they can help recolve the issue - be sure to attach images of the print whne you contact CS.

Paul

Re: Confused by a great print [message #56549 is a reply to message #56538 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 12:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar alduduk  is currently offline alduduk
Go to all my models
Thanks for the Reply Stop4Stuff,
I'll do that right now.

Previous Topic:How long do these objects last?
Next Topic:Would alumide work for a capacitive touchscreen stylus?