Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Sandstone seamless assembly?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sandstone seamless assembly? [message #55384] Mon, 15 October 2012 14:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar cloaca  is currently offline cloaca
Go to all my models
Hey, i'm going to assemble a large part from several smaller Sandstone parts., I want the seams to be invisible.

I was thinking of emulating the printed matter by mixing some glue and sandstone dust and applying that to the seams.. Anyone have pointers or tips based on personal experience?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2012 12:19 UTC]

Re: Sandstone seamless assembly? [message #56449 is a reply to message #55384 ] Wed, 07 November 2012 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
I think you will be better off leaving the seams plain. As long as the edges are flush and not chipped, it should be fairly discrete. The reason a post-application won't work is that the seam will become saturated, so it will become glossy. It will also protrude, and if you try to sand it, it will turn a dusty white. Put a gel-type super glue on the inside of the seams, far back enough that it will not squeeze out, then gently clamp the two halves (with a rubber band, for example) and place the model, seam downward, on a flat surface so the edges will be flush.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Sandstone seamless assembly? [message #56461 is a reply to message #56449 ] Thu, 08 November 2012 08:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cloaca  is currently offline cloaca
Go to all my models
alright, good tips, thanks!

Previous Topic:How to smooth out a strong and flexible model?
Next Topic:Cleaning slime crystals of FUD?