Home »  » General Discussion » Back to sender...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Back to sender... [message #56224] Fri, 02 November 2012 11:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar Spongeinside  is currently offline Spongeinside
Go to my shop
My order was deliverd when I wasn't home so they came back the following day when I also wasn't able to be home to recieve the package. So I tried changing the delivery on the ups website, but that somehow didn't work so they came by a third time, when of course I also wasn't home. They left a note that I could come pick it up at a ups office but, being restricted to public transport, it would take me hours to get there, not to mention the traveling cost...
So I wasn't able to go pick it up and it got returned to Shapeways (Eindhoven).

Anyway, as I couldn't find anything about situations like this on the website, so I'm wondering what to do now, I guess contacting somebody at Shapeways, but whom...? (Preferrably in Dutch)

Thanks!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
Re: Back to sender... [message #56226 is a reply to message #56224 ] Fri, 02 November 2012 13:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JoostD  is currently offline JoostD
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your message.

I could see that we did received your package today from UPS so I have asked our shipping department to ship it again to you today.

I hope this helps you out.

If you do have further questions then please contact us at: service@shapeways.com

Thanks

Joost
Re: Back to sender... [message #56227 is a reply to message #56226 ] Fri, 02 November 2012 13:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Spongeinside  is currently offline Spongeinside
Go to my shop
Hi Joost,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Jeroen

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
Re: Back to sender... [message #56234 is a reply to message #56227 ] Fri, 02 November 2012 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Brick  is currently offline Brick
Go to my shop
btw, is it true that if you pick it up from the closest office you don't have to pay the huge fee that sometimes affects people like myself in Canada?

I'm sure I read that somewhere...
Re: Back to sender... [message #56261 is a reply to message #56234 ] Sat, 03 November 2012 14:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
That's sort of true - but it takes a massive amount of grappling with UPS over the phone to convince them to let you do that. Basically you need to convince them to let you self-clear the package rather than them clearing it for you. They are still obligated to deliver the package to your door (since that's what you paid them to do) but after enough fighting, screaming, threatening, and potentially suing, they will eventually let you clear the package through customs yourself rather than them signing the forms and charging you $20+ for it.

This is why Shapeways needs to stop using UPS.
Re: Back to sender... [message #56282 is a reply to message #56261 ] Sun, 04 November 2012 17:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
ok thx for the info. What should I be saying over the phone, other than 'let me clear it'?
Re: Back to sender... [message #56323 is a reply to message #56282 ] Mon, 05 November 2012 16:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
well my item arrived today and I am pleased to say I had to pay $0 on delivery. I am guessing because the item was 1 lb.

The guy just left the item on the ground, rang the bell, then drove off.

the item itself is this: http://www.shapeways.com/model/746762/72b3fd4bb53d4f1ef98e35 aca8a44f1f?li=

basically, i wanted something in my car to hold my gps. I didn't want to use adhesives or suctions, and I didn't want to obscure any part of the windshield.

so since I have an empty compartment where a dvd player or something would go, i made use of that.

the item works %90 the way i wanted. i just thought the way i had designed it, the gps would 'lean back' more. As it is, if i type on it, there is a slight wobble. But i'll be putting in the address before i start driving anyway. I just want to be able to glance at it every once and awhile.

basically the gps unit just sits into the 2 bottom hooks, then the whole thing just slides into the empty compartment. The angles of the rods of the unit apply pressure above and below, and that's how the unit stays in place. Quite happy overall. I'll post some pics in the 'it arriveed' section when I get a chance.
Re: Back to sender... [message #56341 is a reply to message #56323 ] Mon, 05 November 2012 19:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Glad you got it and great to hear it worked so well on first try!

Previous Topic:Wall Thickness Help Using Blender
Next Topic:price structure for larger items

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.